Author Topic: Presets Disappear  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • We only regret the choices we didn't take.
    • View Profile
Presets Disappear
« on: November 14, 2015, 05:46:56 pm »
Hello
I made a post last month about how my presets didn't appear when I put them in the right folders, well 2 didn't appear. But now it's fixed I'm getting another problem. I just recently downloaded 2 more presets and correctly named them, the right image type however when I go onto tools > preset maker > The preset has actually disappeared.. As in you know on tab 'V' there is a scroll box which lists all the presets (e.g Preset 1, Preset 2, Preset 3 so on.) number 8 and 9 (which are the folders I put my presets in) have disappeared, they are not counted? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for reading C:

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Presets Disappear
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:08:52 pm »
It does sound like something isn't named properly.
This happens to me a couple of times when I've forgot to change the code to what the jpg/png is called.

Make sure to check the coding, so that it mentions the correct format for different files.
If all images are png you gotta change it to that, vise versa with jpg.

Double check so that there's no little mistakes like the numbers being on different sides of the text, and so on.

Another thing to check is the _3 etc, so that it is compatible with the folder you put it in.
RETIRED.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 06:35:45 pm »
As Reckless has said above, make sure there are no typos in y'er text.

Also, ye say all the preset folders are missing in y'er Preset Maker? No numbers are showing up and the box be blank? This sounds like it could possibly 'ave something to do with a missing cgf file. 'Ave ye tampered with the file labeled "resources" at all? This is one of the files that contains preset info and with it being edited could cause the preset files to disappear. If there be no typos in y'er preset folders, I'd recommend taking a peek at this file and seeing that everything is in order.

Also, try removing all the presets ye put in since this error has started to occur. They could be what is making this happen. Then we will know f'er sure that 'tis the presets and not anything else.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 10:33:59 am »
As Reckless has said above, make sure there are no typos in y'er text...
It does sound like something isn't named properly...
I have checked the resources file, nothing has been messed with. I have also checked everything in the files: they're all jpg's and correctly labelled 'preset_9...'. I have also deleted the other preset because I didn't really need that one but the preset I do need isn't appearing. I opened up the game and they're still not appearing:

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 07:12:09 pm »
Did you make sure that the notepad file in that folder is indeed a "Material" file and that it is named "preset_8" (or other number)?

Sometimes when you fiddle with the coding, the text editing program will save the file as a .txt file rather than a .material file.

If you checked and the file type reads" MATERIAL File, then please post your code here in case there is a small typo that's gone unnoticed. I know that sometimes a missing bracket or something like that can cause this or a marshmallow preset.

Also, make sure your folder is called "preset_8" as that is also a way of getting them to poof.

The case of a preset number disappearing has to do with folder and material file naming rather than image naming. If your images are wrong, then the preset will be all white, but should still be there to select, so it sounds like a case of naming the material file, its extension or folder name.

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 07:30:40 pm »
Did you make sure that the notepad file in that folder is indeed a "Material" file and that it is named "preset_8" (or other number)?...

Well the files are all 'jpg' except the material which is 'Material', there are no spelling mistakes and I really don't see what's happening! :3

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 07:48:56 pm »
Is the file named "preset_9" still in RAR form? If so, that could be the problem. The icon should be a notepad or the text reading program ye use f'er cgfs.

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 05:48:33 pm »
Is the file named "preset_9" still in RAR form? If so, that could be the problem. The icon should be a notepad or the text reading program ye use f'er cgfs.

If you mean by this file than no it's not in RAR form, but if you mean this file:

Yes it is in RAR form. If these are not the files please be specific seeing as I'm not the greatest with presets as I am with maps xD

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 06:51:28 pm »
Ah, yes, I meant the second one. Is that y'er material file? If 'tis, change it to a cgf instead of RAR. This could be why the preset is not showing up in the Preset Maker.

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 03:15:22 pm »
Ah, yes, I meant the second one. Is that y'er material file? If 'tis, change it to a cgf instead of RAR. This could be why the preset is not showing up in the Preset Maker.
The last time I tried to do that something went wrong, so do you mind telling me how? Just so I know where I went wrong last time, thanks.