Author Topic: Istaria?  (Read 2641 times)

Offline elektricroze

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Do not Fear, For Fear is an Illusion
    • View Profile
Istaria?
« on: November 17, 2015, 07:33:53 pm »
So I recently seen a Youtube video for a game called Istaria, and it looks very interesting. You play as a dragon and many other races to choose from and live your life. I don't know too much about it but has anyone played this, or know anything about it? You can find it on Google by searching "Istaria Game".
Signature by Me

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
Re: Istaria?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 08:08:27 pm »
I've played it! It's a really cool game, I really liked it. Though it costs money to continue playing after you get to a certain point, which kinda sucks. Nonetheless, it's a good game.

in-game: hooli

Offline elektricroze

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Do not Fear, For Fear is an Illusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 08:14:55 pm »
That kind of does suck, but is it worth it?
Signature by Me

Preach

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:18:28 pm »
Saw the pictures. Looks pretty good o.o

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 08:32:37 pm »
That kind of does suck, but is it worth it?

In my opinion, it's not really worth it. Though if I'm not mistaken I believe it's only about $20. It's a matter of opinion, really.

in-game: hooli

Preach

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 08:39:49 pm »
Wait you have to pay...eh, nevermind.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 09:07:05 pm »
I had a subscription for a couple of months and it honestly is worth it. The game is so beautiful however it's rather old and I don't know if the graphics even compare with a lot of other games out there now but.. Seriously, it's worth it haha.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 09:29:12 pm »
I played it for a short time. It was a pretty fun game, and I loved the fact you could play as a dragon. I just wish it hadn't been pay-to-play. In the short time they gave me to try it out I didn't even reach adulthood as a dragon so I didn't get to truly experience the game. In short, it wasn't fully worth it, but if they ever make it free to play, sign me back up.

The graphics are out of date and the UI was kind of horrible, the dialogue was awkward to read and it was hard to know where to go next, and with a quest based game, that's important. I'm used to having some form of actual map to tell me where I need to go next on MMORPGs. I felt like a noob running around trying to figure out what to do. Also the battles were a bit boring, I would've liked some more action rather than just pressing buttons like you do in WoW. It definitely needs an update if they're going to expect me to pay.

Just my opinion though. Try it out yourself, it wasn't that horrible of a game, but for me the only cool feature was being able to play as a dragon, and it had some nice crafting. But being more of a quester than a crafter, having quests that forced me to craft was tedious, but again, just my opinion. ^^
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:32:23 pm by Toonanimals »

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Rizzla

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 09:35:22 pm »
//SCREECH

Aye! I used to play Istaria a ton. And I would definitely say it's worth it, if you can look past the rather lacking graphics, and are willing to pay for a subscription. I'd highly recommend doing the 14 day trial, at least. There's really nothing to lose. I mean, the game's plot is very interesting and the crafting system is fabulous... Not to mention it's the only MMORPG I know of thus far that allows you to fly around as a dragon, so... xD  

Offline Glaciathewolf96

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 12:28:07 am »
I played the trial, i loved it and would pay for it if i didnt live on my own, and needed money for other things. So i stopped playing after a few days, wasnt worth playing if i didnt have the money for it