Poll

N/A

Yes
1 (16.7%)
No
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 19, 2015, 10:48:48 pm

Author Topic: Divorce Center?  (Read 2969 times)

Offline hcj2000

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I am what I am
    • View Profile
Divorce Center?
« on: November 17, 2015, 10:48:48 pm »
Ok so I was Rping last night and in the group chat one of the members said "I am tempted to make a divorce center". Now in my opinion thats just a sad thing to do divorce is not funny. Its sad knowing it didn't work out for the couple.

I am sorry if y'all have struggled with this and if its bringing memories back I don't want to hurt anyone but I think this isn't something to be encouraged. I know this is just a game but divorce is no joke. Game or not

I would like yalls thoughts on this. Vote up in the corner or comment down below or both
We are all perfectly imperfect don't let anyone decide who you should be just be yourself if someone calls you a mistake thats ok cause none of us are perfect

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Divorce Center?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 01:50:29 am »
two words:

bad

idea

that is all i have to say about that

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Rizzla

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 01:55:19 am »
Ehh... I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Hear me out, however.

While I certainly agree that divorce is not a fun experience at all and it can make people miserable, I doubt the person was being serious and so I don't see what the harm was in it. They were most likely referring to the couples from the mate center, nor was it meant to target actual couples and whatnot. In my opinion, a joke is a joke. Unless they were bringing up stories of actual couples facing relationship problems, I don't see the point in getting too upset over it... Ignore it and move on. <3
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:01:01 am by Rizzla »

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 02:55:07 am »
Ehh... I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Hear me out, however.

While I certainly agree that divorce is not a fun experience at all and it can make people miserable, I doubt the person was being serious and so I don't see what the harm was in it. They were most likely referring to the couples from the mate center, nor was it meant to target actual couples and whatnot. In my opinion, a joke is a joke. Unless they were bringing up stories of actual couples facing relationships problems, I don't see the point in getting too upset over it... Ignore it and move on. <3

/|\
 |
 |
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 02:59:26 am »
I'm with Rizzla on this one. Without context the only thing I can infer is that the statement was intended as a joke. My parents are happily divorced and honestly it's not a problem to me so I don't see why it should be made a big deal or anything like that (though of course not all divorces end up like my parents').

I'm pretty sure it was a joke - though like I said you gave us this quote without context - and it obviously meant no harm towards anyone who has seen or gone through a divorce, so.. y'know, really not a thing to get all upset over.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Preach

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 03:04:08 am »
Divorce already alerts me that something about you ain't good happening.  I don't know why divorce center is necessary because most of people here are kids and majority of them aren't married. It has no sense to this idea. Plus, I can honestly say people don't care - since, like I said, half of us is inexperienced with this divorce thing...unless it's like where your mate was "married" to you and you guys divorced.

Then again, I was roleplaying and I saw someone made a fight center. O.o Reminds me of the Outsider...which was pretty good movie.

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 07:27:50 am »
I'm going to be honest... I giggled when I read the title of the thread before I opened it. I dunno. I took it as a joking stab at mating centers, not at actual divorces. Divorce isn't quite as sensitive of a topic among most of the adults I know. Pretty much all of the divorces I've heard of from friends and relatives, the seperated couples were glad to be gone with each other. I can understand if it's considered sensitive because of how hard it can be on some kids with parents going through a divorce. But other than that, I don't really think it's a big deal.

Not to mention, I haven't seen many adults on here (which makes me sad), so I doubt a divorce center would even be deemed offensive among the adult crowd.

If it makes you feel any better, take my opinion as an opinion from said adult crowd. I am indeed a legal adult in your country.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:09:34 am by Alphabet »

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 08:42:37 am »
*coughs awkwardly* I'm not sure how to feel about this. My feelings are neutral.
Side account for Sigyn

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 03:48:39 pm »
I would generalize this as a bad idea.

Many people have had a bad experience with divorce in the past, and having a 'center' for it wouldn't help. Added onto that, a 'Divorce Center' would not benefit the community in any way, from my perspective.

Are you and your mate thinking of splitting? That's perfectly ok.

But I, for one, would much rather do it quietly, instead of going to a center.

Like Alphabet said, a divorce may have more effect on a child than a parent.

But isn't the majority of the community on this game in an age median of about 10-12?

I just all in all think that a divorce center is a bad idea.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 07:39:08 pm »
But isn't the majority of the community on this game in an age median of about 10-12?

That's a good point. I suppose it would be best to avoid bringing a divorce center about for the reason of possibly stirring up bad memories in some of the younger crowd, which is indeed the majority.

However, I didn't see much wrong in simply stating this, which I take was a joke, in a personal conversation. If someone is offended, I would think wrongs could be made right more easily in a small circle than a large crowd.