Author Topic: Help with processor needed!  (Read 775 times)

-WhereSunRises-

Help with processor needed!
« on: November 22, 2015, 07:42:59 am »
Hi, so I tried to use Reds tutorial: "Making your FH game run more stable/even faster!" And I think I have 2 CPUs but still not sure... My game lags reaaaaaaly hard... Could you help me? How many CPUs do I have? Here is what it writes:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs) Also, when I switched to that second core, icon changed, though I didnt test out how Fh works. I didnt like the icon, so I changed back to normal Fh pawprints. Then I decided to test the game. I clicked it and for a second (really for a second) that black window popped up as always but immedialy closed. How should I fix this? I have Win XP. Thanks for all the advices and help!

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: Help with processor needed!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 01:14:03 pm »
Aye, there be ways to reduce lag. ^^

Firstly, make sure you don't have any other windows/background programs running on your computer when you start up FH. Sometimes it also helps to log off and restart your computer, so it will also have a fresh start.
You can also reduce lag by turning off Water Reflection and turning down View Distance (both of these) by going to the title page of the game, and then opening Options>>Video.
If you have any extra maps lying around in your Exports folder, removing some of these may also reduce the things FH has to keep up with in-game. The same goes for any extra/unneeded maps in your Map Maker, which can be removed by taking out the map folders from FeralHeart>>Media>>Terrains.

Try these, and see if they help you a bit. c:
While I'm not familiar with the CPU issue, I can offer you a few tips from our very own Leggies on how to reduce lag on your game.
I hope someone can help with the main issue soon, floofie!
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 03:18:58 pm »
As Edol has said, I recommend reading our wonderful White's quote. I'm not quite sure I'm knowledgable of this issue m'self, but let us diagnose it as just a normal lag problem f'er right now.

'Ave ye tried running it as administrator? Try right clicking the icon and selecting the option to do so. This may fix up any errors y'er 'aving.

Try switching the rendering system. Ye can do so in y'er in-game settings. If FH won't load still, try changing back to the first core.

What do ye mean by two CPUs? Do ye mean actual computers or monitors? I 'ave FH on m'old computer which has two monitors and I do not encounter any issues. If 'tis just the error that says it, 'tis more than likely 'tis just part of the coding. CPU is just a shortened way of writing computer, so I think that ye just 'ave one of those. ;)

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

-WhereSunRises-

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 04:20:49 pm »
Thanks for your help, both of you :) Switched back to first core. It works but Iam still not sure how many cores my PC has.... I hope Ill get FH working better. Also I tried to do everything said above, nothing changed. My game lags same as before. I have to mention that my PC is almost 10 yrs old.... Sadly, I dont nor my parents can afford to buy new computer even thought Ill need it for school next year :( Also In fact yesterday I tried to read what  these CPUs are and now Iam confused XD Nevermind, I still need to find out about these cores. Strange is that I have only one monitor, not two... then why I have dual CPUs? XD