Author Topic: How do i download a map on the ubuntu browser?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline alanaa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How do i download a map on the ubuntu browser?
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:55 pm »
How do i download maps,the only map i ever downloaded(feral city) took alot of shuffleing through files
IDK how to actually download maps

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: How do i download a map on the ubuntu browser?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:49:47 pm »
Ah, no worries deary, I shall explain it f'er ye.

First things first, find a map pack that ye wish to download. Make sure that this map download is on a credible download site, like Mediafire or Dropbox. Do NOT press any ad buttons or things that are not labeled as the actual map download button. Make sure ye read b'fore ye click anything.

If it leads ye to adfly, a sponsor site that redirects ye to the website that y'er heading to, make sure that do not click the ad in the center of the site, but the "Skip Ad" button on the top right hand corner. This button will appear after five seconds.

Once downloaded, go into y'er Downloads folder on y'er File Explorer. Open the newly downloaded map pack, and check the contents. There will most likely be one or two folders, each labeled with where the files inside need to go. If there is a Read Me included, do read it as it may contain some important information regarding the map pack.

One of the folders that should be included is a folder named "Place in Exports" or something similar to this. Open it up and highlight all ye see inside. Right click and select the option "Copy". Head to y'er FeralHeart folder and find the folder labeled "exports" and open it. Right click in an empty space inside the folder and click  the option "Paste". The computer will begin transferring the files into the folder.

Now, 'gain, head back to the downloaded map folder and check to see if there are any MP3 files. MP3 files are important to y'er map as they will play some nice tunes to match the theme of the map. If there are any MP3s copy them and head to the "music" folder found in "media". The "media" folder is found in the main FeralHeart folder.

Once 'gain, ye will need to head back to the download folder {tiring, yes?}. This time, ye will be searching f'er a file named "music.cgf". This file ye will need to open with a program like Notepad, or something similar that can open, read, and edit text. Copy all the codings found in the cgf file and head to y'er FeralHeart folder. There should be a similar file found directly in this folder. Open it up and scroll to the bottom of the text. Make a new line and paste the content ye copied from the downloaded music.cgf. Save and close the file.

Then, head on to the game and check Cape of Distant Worlds. A new portal should be found there. And that is it! Ye just completed downloading a map! I hope this helped ye deary, if ye need any help or find any of this confusing, just let me know and I shall do m'best to explain further.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Preach

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:03:08 pm »
How to download maps

1: Go to the download link for the map.
2: When it says do you want to open or save the file, DO NOT OPEN. You will see a slide bar on the save choice. Click that.
3: Look at the one that says Save As. Click that.
4: It will take you to your C: Drive where the files are kept. Go into the FeralHeart folder.
5: Ask the owner of the map if you save it to exports or terrains. Terrains is located in the media folder.
6: If you have to save it to exports, click exports and then click save. IF it is a zip file. Go download WinZip and unzip the folder by right clicking it and clicking Winzip. Then click unzip. Go into the new folder in expots and copy and paste EVREYTHING in the folder to exports.
7: If you have to save it to terrains, go into media and save it. Do the same thing shown above if it is a zip file.
8: After doing that, close Feral Heart if it is running. Then go back into it.
9: Go into cape, if you did it right you will see a portal with the map name on it.
10: JUMP IN!

Offline alanaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 07:37:14 pm »
 hmm so  the zip thing
when i download presets(which i did not struggle on)i think when i see it as a zip i drag it to the preset it needs to be in and then export it to the same thin in the folder and put the items into it

is it kinda like that? btw i thought nobody would reply to this thxs for the info

Offline alanaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 07:38:13 pm »
And if the owner is not on can i do both choices and figure it out
?

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 08:18:31 pm »
When downloading a preset that ye can use y'erself, open the download up and place all the files in the correct folder in "My_Presets". The correct folder will be the one with the corresponding number of the files.

If 'tis a preset owned by someone else and ye just want to see it on them, place the file in "Presets" folder.

As f'er y'er last question, any information that involves file placement should be included in a Read Me. I 'ave never come across a map download that involves placing map files in any other place b'sides exports, unless this is a map that allows ye to edit it, then ye may need to put them in the terrains folder.

Ye will be able to tell whether or not ye need to place them in exports by the files' types. If 'tis a .fhm, .fho, or .fhs, 'twill be placed in exports.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline alanaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 10:13:11 pm »
im sorry but i can not see your post? is the text green?

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 10:19:45 pm »
Ah, no worries deary, I shall explain it f'er ye.

First things first, find a map pack that ye wish to download. Make sure that this map download is on a credible download site, like Mediafire or Dropbox. Do NOT press any ad buttons or things that are not labeled as the actual map download button. Make sure ye read b'fore ye click anything.

If it leads ye to adfly, a sponsor site that redirects ye to the website that y'er heading to, make sure that do not click the ad in the center of the site, but the "Skip Ad" button on the top right hand corner. This button will appear after five seconds.

Once downloaded, go into y'er Downloads folder on y'er File Explorer. Open the newly downloaded map pack, and check the contents. There will most likely be one or two folders, each labeled with where the files inside need to go. If there is a Read Me included, do read it as it may contain some important information regarding the map pack.

One of the folders that should be included is a folder named "Place in Exports" or something similar to this. Open it up and highlight all ye see inside. Right click and select the option "Copy". Head to y'er FeralHeart folder and find the folder labeled "exports" and open it. Right click in an empty space inside the folder and click  the option "Paste". The computer will begin transferring the files into the folder.

Now, 'gain, head back to the downloaded map folder and check to see if there are any MP3 files. MP3 files are important to y'er map as they will play some nice tunes to match the theme of the map. If there are any MP3s copy them and head to the "music" folder found in "media". The "media" folder is found in the main FeralHeart folder.

Once 'gain, ye will need to head back to the download folder {tiring, yes?}. This time, ye will be searching f'er a file named "music.cgf". This file ye will need to open with a program like Notepad, or something similar that can open, read, and edit text. Copy all the codings found in the cgf file and head to y'er FeralHeart folder. There should be a similar file found directly in this folder. Open it up and scroll to the bottom of the text. Make a new line and paste the content ye copied from the downloaded music.cgf. Save and close the file.

Then, head on to the game and check Cape of Distant Worlds. A new portal should be found there. And that is it! Ye just completed downloading a map! I hope this helped ye deary, if ye need any help or find any of this confusing, just let me know and I shall do m'best to explain further.
When downloading a preset that ye can use y'erself, open the download up and place all the files in the correct folder in "My_Presets". The correct folder will be the one with the corresponding number of the files.

If 'tis a preset owned by someone else and ye just want to see it on them, place the file in "Presets" folder.

As f'er y'er last question, any information that involves file placement should be included in a Read Me. I 'ave never come across a map download that involves placing map files in any other place b'sides exports, unless this is a map that allows ye to edit it, then ye may need to put them in the terrains folder.

Ye will be able to tell whether or not ye need to place them in exports by the files' types. If 'tis a .fhm, .fho, or .fhs, 'twill be placed in exports.

Enoki uses a green text, yis. Here you go. This is what our lovely dryphon posted, but I changed it to yellow so you can read it, floof.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:56:06 am by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline alanaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 12:59:54 pm »
thanks for explaning it.the reason i casnt see green is cuz my moniter blew(not rly) but noew im useing a tv

Offline alanaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 01:01:14 pm »
anid i already knew about presets