Author Topic: under-the-radar bullying exposed  (Read 3783 times)

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
under-the-radar bullying exposed
« on: November 28, 2015, 11:58:26 pm »
I've learned that a lot of people in this community need clarification on what the rule "respect each other" entails. Here's a lot of the types of people who don't seem to realize they're being rude and breaking the rules.

1. the realistic charrie who treats another unrealistic char like a fleck of dirt. Rude!!!! let everyone be creative. That's the point of this game.

2. the admin's echo: people in a group/on the forum who seem to think they need to echo every word out of an upper rank's mouth. If you comment "^^" or "what he said" a lot, you need to s t o p  t a l k i n g. The person you're backing up didn't stutter and doesn't need your help. Another variation of this is when people gang up on someone else just to feel important. The mob mentality.

3. conversely, the power-drunk admin. If all you do OOC is bark out orders, it's time to sober up. Keeping the rules in check is necessary; getting your daily hit of being in charge of people isn't.

4. the newbie ignorer. There's a new person in the group asking what the map password is/who wants to rp and theres 10 people in the chat talking about whatever else and nobody answers the newbie (this actually happens can you believe it)

This happens ALL THE TIME in this game. we can eradicate it! If you notice anyone doing these things, please mention to them that they should stop because bullying is against the rules. Report them to an admin if you need to. Let's make FH a friendly, welcoming community for all. :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:32:39 pm by papayatoot »

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
Re: under-the-radar bullying exposed
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 12:10:46 am »
I agree with all of what you said.
I do see a lot of this and it is considered as bullying (at least in my eyes).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:12:22 am by [?????????] »
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:12:47 am »
What exactly do you mean by 'newbie ignorers"?
Sometimes I am unable to respond or answer newbies, or am unable to help them.
Or they just plain bug me by constantly asking to be friends...

I dont see how it's bullying??

It might not be considered bullying it but is quite harsh. If you don't know how to help someone you can always just point them in the direction of someone who can, like a staff member or someone else who's more educated on the game. If they bug you, however, you can think of a polite way to get them to leave you be. I believe they mean those who treat newer players differently, like they don't belong.

But other than that, this is a very nice and true post. Kind of makes me happy that someone else noticed these things besides me and a few other of my friends. There's not a lot of respect towards each other in the community, and I really think that's something that needs to change.

in-game: hooli

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 12:16:47 am »
Moving this to the Game Discussion board since I believe this is more of a discussion topic and would fit better there.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 03:52:39 am »
#4 has happened to me before, even after being in a group for a week, the group members ignored my requests to roleplay.
However, I don't blame them. In said group, almost everyone online(up to six people) is in the conversation, so the chat moves by quickly, and my inquiry to roleplay could easily be missed.

I would never do the same to someone else, and if I can roleplay or know the map password or how to get it, I will always tell the newbie.

I hate people who disrespect their fellow players, and I love that you posted this! I've been on FeralHeart for almost two years now, and I've always been kind to new players and pointed in them in how to get things like Mass Markings to avoid the annoying marshmallows, and the most popular item pack(Legendary Items). All I've ever seen are kind people, and people who are eager to help.

I hope this post makes people think twice about the things they're doing on FH, or any roleplaying site/game.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 04:05:27 am »
Can you explain to me what you mean by #2 exactly?... :{o

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 04:35:06 am »
Can you explain to me what you mean by #2 exactly?... :{o

here's what an example would look like in chat

player: role-plays something against the rules on accident (too unrealistic, power playing, whatever)
admin: hey, actually, don't do that
rando dude: ^^
player: oh ok, i must have read that wrong on the site
admin: thats ok the more you know now
same rando dude: uh yeah the site says "blah blah"
some other random dude: what he said

the rando dudes are the admin-echoers

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 04:41:19 am »
Oh yeah, so you mean like, ganging up/attacking people and stuff and making them feel even worse than they should?

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 04:41:23 pm »
Oh yeah, so you mean like, ganging up/attacking people and stuff and making them feel even worse than they should?
precisely

Offline SapphireHowlite

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 05:14:09 pm »
I'm a newer player and I've seen this first hand, my first time playing FH 2 people ganged up on me cause I was in there "spot" and they told me to leave, I told them they don't own the game I can be any where I want, and they got really mean and RP as if they where trying to hurt my character.. I don't think its very fair to act like that towards others, and I think everyone should just be nice to everyone and if someone is bothering you to tell them nicely and if they don't listen to just block them.