Author Topic: *scoots in* i need help (mac)  (Read 1014 times)

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
*scoots in* i need help (mac)
« on: January 08, 2016, 10:26:12 pm »
hello tis i egg,

i'm having some problems with my fh on mac?? i don't know why but whenever i try to play it on a private map made by a user it works fine

however when i go to a public map and try to move around it crashes immediately even without me doing anything.

i don't know if it has anything to do with my items/markings pack (legendary & aug 22 respectively), but i cannot remove those packs due to them being needed in-game to see my group members.

i'm on my macbook air that has 50gb (though i'm running fh from my hard drive which has x2 more space than my actual laptop lol)

are there any suggestions/quick fixes to this? i don't know if it works without the items/markings but as i stated above i can't remove those. if not then i guess i'll be stuck to only checking like twice a week and that's no good either, oops

+ my bad if this has been asked before but my laptop blocks page 3 and beyond for some weird reason and i couldn't check other pages for a suggestion, sorry
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

AutumnTheWulf

Re: *scoots in* i need help (mac)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 10:53:06 pm »
Yeah, as Preach posted a link to shay's post about fh on mac, I'd just like to say few things here.
FH mac users (as far as I know) have been having some difficulties with the game once they've downloaded some marking packs or item packs.
So basically, downloading any item/marking pack is NOT recommended for MAC users.

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:31:35 pm »
@Preach @AutumnTheWolf

thank you, this was helpful. i guess i'll have to limit fh to my windows laptop lol
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline huskywolfdog11500

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 01:02:55 pm »
hello tis i egg,

i'm having some problems with my fh on mac?? i don't know why but whenever i try to play it on a private map made by a user it works fine

however when i go to a public map and try to move around it crashes immediately even without me doing anything.

i don't know if it has anything to do with my items/markings pack (legendary & aug 22 respectively), but i cannot remove those packs due to them being needed in-game to see my group members.

i'm on my macbook air that has 50gb (though i'm running fh from my hard drive which has x2 more space than my actual laptop lol)

are there any suggestions/quick fixes to this? i don't know if it works without the items/markings but as i stated above i can't remove those. if not then i guess i'll be stuck to only checking like twice a week and that's no good either, oops

+ my bad if this has been asked before but my laptop blocks page 3 and beyond for some weird reason and i couldn't check other pages for a suggestion, sorry

Im also having so sort of problem with my mac (mac book pro). Im new to this game, but have wanted to play for years. I just made my account yesterday but had to make 3 accounts till it finally let me make my account. That it self took about 2 hours. Then, once i made my account i logged in on the "Play game" tab then opened up the application. I was so exited to finally play. I logged in and the first thing it said/says was "Incorrect username or password. (5 failed attempts causes 15min ban)". I was like :O. i put my password and username in right. The next time i tried it said/says is "Trying to connect to front server." (a few seconds later)"Failed to connect to front server". So then i go to the "play game" page that i had open, and it logs my out. And this is a continuous problem happening right now. I am about to give up on this game entirely. Its sad because i have wanted to play this game for years now and when i finally make an account i can't play.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 06:11:53 pm »
Firstly, I would suggest making your own help thread so people can see you're looking for help.
If you post on someone else's thread, most people will assume you're trying to help the author of the thread you've been posting in.

The account issue could be different things. Have you counted usernames and passwords so they're not more than 16 characters? If you're using numbers in the password or username, refrain from using the numpad (I don't know if a mac has one, but just in-case).
Are you keeping the page open under the game rather than minimizing it?

Try these things, and if you're still having issues with logging in, make a post in Game Help. c:

I shall lock this topic since the author seems to have had their questions answered.
RETIRED.