Author Topic: Infertile Characters?  (Read 2993 times)

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Re: Infertile Characters?
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 12:03:07 am »
I find it silly that you would reject a character because they are infertile. In roleplay, most see being a mate as an equivalent to marriage. People still marry if the other is infertile, so it's rather stupid that infertile characters wouldn't get a mate. Personally, I see infertility actually not being used correctly in the roleplay community. All the ligers and other big cat hybrids in real life are infertile, but, to my knowledge, these characters are all roaming around having cubs.

But, with my last point, I guess I'm just a bit hyper-realistic. -shrug-

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Infertile Characters?
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 10:04:19 pm »
Naturally everyone is entitled to their opinions but I personally have no issue with infertility in any characters. As was said before me
most see being a mate as an equivalent to marriage.
I feel that there is more to relationships then sexuality and the ability for children. Should a person seek a mate or partner for a romantic role play I feel that the importance should be place on romance and I mean the parts of romance that matter, the little moments between two individuals that are what the relationship is built on, not the big extravagant moments of so called affection. A characters ability to produce children does not and should not matter when it comes to the psycho-emotional interplay between two players. I'll elaborate by saying that I also believe In character relationships have absolutely nothing to do with out of character relationships.