Author Topic: Another >public< map?  (Read 2293 times)

AutumnTheWulf

Another >public< map?
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:44:18 pm »
Okay, first off, I've written this somewhere in the comments on the post 'Why did he go?' but I've wanted to make a specific thread about this idea.

I have a tiny idea of how we could do something with the maps in Feral Heart. This idea has been in my mind for a while now, but I wasn't entirely sure If I should share it with all of you because I wasn't exactly sure how you would react to that.

I think our Staff team maybe one day could actually make another public map for us players. As you see, if you download a map from someone, the portal will be shown in Cape of Distant Worlds. So, with good advertising from players and Staff team I believe we could have one more public map added to Feral Heart community where we could play and chat as we do in Bonfire, South Pole and other FH original maps. One example of good advertising are the Legendary Markings and Item packs, right?
Of course I don't believe the map would 'come to life' so soon even with players playing in it, as much as the other original maps do, but still, people will probably hang out in it, rp and do stuff they usually do here in Feral Heart.

But anyways, that's just my idea and of course you don't have to agree with it if you don't want to. c:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:46:02 pm by AutumnTheWulf »

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: Another >public< map?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:54:10 pm »
There are many public maps that users have created and put up for anyone to download (Apawcalypse, for example), but the thing is, it wouldn't be an OFFICIAL map unless it was coded into the game. Not all users check the site often, so a public map released by the staff would be no different than the holiday party maps, and those are advertised for a lot! Even so, not everyone comes to those events.

Another example was when FH+ was in the making. Not a lot of people were on it when it was available, even though it was the hottest topic for conversation at the time.

Not every user knows how to download a map either, especially newer players who may not care much to download them.

That's just my opinion though. I like your point!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:09:56 pm by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline PartyyRockinn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • stay hungry
    • littlelavi
    • lvstbites
    • satansoffspring
    • amitycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 09:04:32 pm »
I think that's a lovely idea :o Maybe a themed one as well? Something a bit different from all the maps we have now?
It could even provide some packs and prides and other groups with territory- since Fluorite Plains is already pretty inhabited.

But maybe we could get it coded into the game (if that's possible) just for the ease and for a new world to explore that all users can access.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:07:03 pm by amity~ »
FH Username: PartyyRockinn
Sig by SHRINES on dA
Icon by prospecte on dA

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 09:10:49 pm »
I think that's a lovely idea :o Maybe a themed one as well? Something a bit different from all the maps we have now?
It could even provide some packs and prides and other groups with territory- since Fluorite Plains is already pretty inhabited.

But maybe we could get it coded into the game (if that's possible) just for the ease and for a new world to explore that all users can access.

That would be nice, but unfortunately the staff doesn't have the source code in order to code it in.

Offline PartyyRockinn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • stay hungry
    • littlelavi
    • lvstbites
    • satansoffspring
    • amitycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 09:13:57 pm »
Ah- I didn't know how that all worked. xD

But it could work just like one of the Halloween Party or Summer Party maps then- it could have a thread on the forum and people  could download it.
FH Username: PartyyRockinn
Sig by SHRINES on dA
Icon by prospecte on dA

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 09:18:50 pm »
Ah- I didn't know how that all worked. xD

But it could work just like one of the Halloween Party or Summer Party maps then- it could have a thread on the forum and people  could download it.

Also true, but then it would lose the purpose of being an 'official' map as Autumn was suggesting.

I'm just not sure how it would work out. It'd be awesome if we managed to find a solution in order to do it though!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 12:54:33 am »
Edolicious pretty much speaks my mind on this topic. While it's a lovely idea that I'm sure a few people would love to have, it would feel a bit "lacking" to make our own map and cover it up with sparkles and paint as a way to make it look somewhat official. This is not to say that we don't enjoy making maps for you all- the event maps take plenty of time and hard work throughout the year as it is, and it's one of the things that we enjoy making for you guys. Creating a map would take much time, but there's really no certainty that it would turn out in the way we hope. It's a bit like taking a well-known product and trying to mimic it- the quality may be similar and even enjoyable, but you can't help feeling like there's something missing. If we were able to give you a download or update to the game, we wouldn't go half way. Instead of giving you one map just for the sake of doing so, I, and I'm sure many of the other staff members, would rather give you more than one, fix bugs that needed to be fixed, and give you a proper update. It all comes back to the fact that we don't have the materials to update the game properly. It's not that creating the map and setting up a download would be hard, but it wouldn't feel the same, and I would rather not try to force something into being official if it's not.

It truly is a lovely idea, and it makes me happy to see that you're suggesting a nice idea for the community. With all of the additional things going on with recent events, the staff team, and most of our lives in general, I'm just not sure if this is something possible at the moment. It's interesting to see everyone's thoughts here, though!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:17:59 am by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.