Author Topic: Can someone help me? When I try to open Feral Heart on my Mac it will not open.  (Read 2537 times)

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion
When I try to open and play Feral heart, it always says: 'The Application X11 could not be opened. An error occurred while starting the X11 server: Failed to activate core devices.
Click Quit to quit X11. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.'

I have downloaded xQuartz and tried to use it for FeralHeart but it still won't work.

Please help!  :'(
GIFSoup

Don't mess with this. -hairflip-

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Have you recently downloaded the new Apple update with El Captain / OS X? This new update has been known to cause issues with users trying to log into the game, most likely because the upgrade has changed certain ways that your computer works. Since we are unable to provide an updated version of the Mac installation for Feral Heart, the only solution that I know of is to revert back to your previous version of Mac. This thread may be helpful to you, as well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:05:23 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion
No, I have not downloaded the new Apple update with El Captain. And how can I revert it back to my previous version of Mac? >.>
GIFSoup

Offline Aira335

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Could you take a photo of the screenshot so I could see it..? I've been having issues with my mac IN the game, I keep getting this error message and that game shuts down.

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion
Could you take a photo of the screenshot so I could see it..? I've been having issues with my mac IN the game, I keep getting this error message and that game shuts down.

Of course.
GIFSoup

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion

Here is the picture:

I am posting it onto imgur because things are just to hard. .3.

here    http://imgur.com/VFsfe37
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:03:17 pm by Pandorox »
GIFSoup

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion
Skip the ad if there is one. .3.
GIFSoup

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Hello, there. I will list some quotes that may be helpful.

I was having the same issue because I had already downloaded El Capitan and I looked up so many things to try to fix it and nothing worked. However, it was actually right under my nose. All I did was click the "Play Game" button in the options tab (The section of the site with Home, Forum, Staff, etc. It's at the very end of the list)

The link opens up to the black screen that tells you to keep it open while you play, so I left it open and opened the game and it worked!
1. delete your current feral heart folder and game files. you can save certain folders you need like exports and presets, but delete most of it.
2. download the WINDOWS download instead (trust me) and once it's done, open up the folder and find feral heart.exe. right click and select open with>wine.
NOTE: if wine is not displayed as an option even when you click "all applications", download the mac download files instead simply for the wine gecko and mono packages. Then delete the folder and try opening the .exe with wine again.
Take a look at this tutorial (I'm not a Mac User and I'm a little afraid to assist you at the moment, though you can review everything and decide yourself or wait for a Mac User to post in this topic): *click*

Hope your problem will be solved soon!
Also, do make sure to avoid double posting in the future. Use the edit button instead.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:26:46 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion
^   Thank you so much, ily <3 But wait, Even though that I got the mac version again, ( I just tried it twice) It still won't work, and wine doesn't show. Only textedit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:51:28 pm by Pandorox »
GIFSoup

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion
Oops I posted on the wrong thing. (this is an edited reply)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:47:19 pm by Pandorox »
GIFSoup