Author Topic: [Large Map (or multiple smaller maps) Needed for new group]  (Read 806 times)

Offline TLKlover405

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
[Large Map (or multiple smaller maps) Needed for new group]
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:00:07 pm »
Hello! I'm fairly new at the whole "map" thing, but I do know what I want. Only thing is, I don't know how I would be able to "pay" for a map, as I don't have DA. So please let me know what kind of payment you would require. I could give you a spot in my group, or I could see what else I could do. I might be able to create a DA account if that's necessary, but I would need some instruction on what to do.

What I'm looking for (You can pick and choose what you think would look best): A multi-biome map(s) with rivers, valleys, mountains, and dens. Maybe even a few floating "lookout posts". I would love for either a really large map (really large would be larger than Flourite Plains in my mind) or several medium-ish sized maps. I'd like to have this specifically for my group and any allies/enemies I might come across. I tried to create something like this myself, but it didn't work.
As for the biomes, I'd like maybe something like a Tropical Rainforest, Arcric, Savannah, Grasslands, Desert, Aquatic, and Arial? Just a bunch of different options. I do want one section or one map (depending on which you do) to be sorted like the Outlands, with darker, rockier ground and elephant skulls and bones laying around. And I don't know if it's possible or not, but if it is I think it would be cool to see a dead tree here and there and maybe one or two with some vultures perched in it.

Must haves: Tropical Rainforest, maybe with a bit of a mystical feel (I accept all creatures in my group.)
Rivers/ponds/lakes/waterfalls (maybe with a hidden den behind a waterfall or two?), valleys/mountains
Structures (like bridges, floating lookout posts, simple stuff. Not houses or buildings like that.)

Again, most of this stuff is just ideas, you can do whatever you see fits. But please do keep in mind the things that I really do need on the map(s).
Please let me know what you would be able to do and how soon you'd be able to have it done. As well as what I would have to do in terms of a payment.
Thank you to anyone who would actually do this!
"I think I'll try defying gravity." - Defying Gravity by Idina Menzel

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: [Large Map (or multiple smaller maps) Needed for new group]
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 04:23:44 pm »
Hello there! I've been working on something very similar to what you are requesting with the exception of a few things that I have yet to get around to such as waterfalls/floating things.
Have a look! :D
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=46219.0

Unfortunately the last thing I did with it took forever for me to do (I had a lazy moment) so I'm taking a break from it, but might add more later on. It's free and mostly tested so CHEERS! ^.^
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline TLKlover405

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 05:14:14 pm »
Hello there! I've been working on something very similar to what you are requesting with the exception of a few things that I have yet to get around to such as waterfalls/floating things.
Have a look! :D
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=46219.0

Unfortunately the last thing I did with it took forever for me to do (I had a lazy moment) so I'm taking a break from it, but might add more later on. It's free and mostly tested so CHEERS! ^.^

It's amazing! I downloaded it and I've been doing some exploring and it looks absolutely amazing! I have a question, though. Since I'll be having my group download it as well, is it okay if I assign parts of my group to different parts of it? As long as we don't actually try to claim anything? Like, we would have "territories" within the group, but we wouldn't tell people outside the group (that aren't allies or enemies) that they're in our territory. Because I don't want to seem like we're claiming parts of the maps, I just want different parts of my group (which is a w.i.p) to have an area that is their "home", sort of. Is that okay with you? If not that's fine. I just wanted to ask before I told my group about that. Let me know if that even made sense. lol

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 10:54:51 pm »
I do not mind territory claiming but be mindful of those who do not care about territory claims. :D
It made sense. xD

This only applies to my maps as it is against the rules to claim territory in public maps.
Have fun! =^.^=
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline TLKlover405

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 11:01:39 pm »
Awesome! Thanks! :) I'll make sure that the territory claiming is only amongst my group and that if other people do enter, I'll make sure that they don't try to attack them since it's not actually their territory. :)