Author Topic: The Grass is Black  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Rowtag

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I see the world in my own way
    • View Profile
The Grass is Black
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »
Hello Everyone.
I recently installed Feral Heart and Logging in and everything is fine there's just one problem; For some weird reason I can see the trees and sky but the grass is just black and texture-less in the main game.
Is there any way to fix this??

Thank you in advance for any answers :3

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: The Grass is Black
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 02:00:57 pm »
Yellow and black stripey ground texture means it's a "missing texture". As you said yourself a misplaced or removed file.

If the game cannot find the texture it's looking for, it will replace it with this yellow and black texture for whatever it's missing one for. You really should be careful and remember where you move things and not click around too much.

If you are unable to find where you moved these files to, or if they are in your recycle bin for you to restore the items removed, since you already know it's the ground texture, I'd suggest following:

Install another copy of feralheart on your desktop or in a custom path like C:\Backupferalheart\FeralHeart temporarily. Find your way into the game folder of the new backup feralheart you installed and go into media\terrains\textures until you see all the ground textures.

Once you're there copy ALL the content inside of the folder. Go back to your original FeralHeart game(most likely installed in C:\FeralHeart, go into it's media\terrains\textures and then PASTE the textures you got from the new game. It will put in any missing textures that way.

This way if you have any custom mods or textures anyplace else you don't need to redownload them in a new game, just fix your first issue, however if these instructions are too hard to follow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just re-install your game, remove the game from C:\FeralHeart, then install a new game again.

You may have accidentally deleted or moved a terrain file. As quoted, hopefully a quick reinstall will fix the problem.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Rowtag

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 04:28:21 pm »
Yellow and black stripey ground texture means it's a "missing texture". As you said yourself a misplaced or removed file.

If the game cannot find the texture it's looking for, it will replace it with this yellow and black texture for whatever it's missing one for. You really should be careful and remember where you move things and not click around too much.

If you are unable to find where you moved these files to, or if they are in your recycle bin for you to restore the items removed, since you already know it's the ground texture, I'd suggest following:

Install another copy of feralheart on your desktop or in a custom path like C:\Backupferalheart\FeralHeart temporarily. Find your way into the game folder of the new backup feralheart you installed and go into media\terrains\textures until you see all the ground textures.

Once you're there copy ALL the content inside of the folder. Go back to your original FeralHeart game(most likely installed in C:\FeralHeart, go into it's media\terrains\textures and then PASTE the textures you got from the new game. It will put in any missing textures that way.

This way if you have any custom mods or textures anyplace else you don't need to redownload them in a new game, just fix your first issue, however if these instructions are too hard to follow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just re-install your game, remove the game from C:\FeralHeart, then install a new game again.

You may have accidentally deleted or moved a terrain file. As quoted, hopefully a quick reinstall will fix the problem.

Its strange because when I installed it I didn't move anything...oh well, maybe a quick re-install would be best...
Thanks man :) :) :)

Offline Rowtag

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:33:45 pm »
Just Reinstalled it
The same thing happened again and this time I KNOW i didn't move anything :(
Help???

Offline Rowtag

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 04:44:27 pm »
Okay, Update on the problem:
I went to the lonely cave on the cave and that's fine
Ficho tunnel is okay too bout when I go to flourite the grass is pitch black. No yellow, just black.
Any ideas??

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »
Hm, I've had this problem before but it usually goes away on its own. It seems like a glitch with the graphics.

Have you tried switching rendering systems?

Go to Options, then Video Settings, and try changing  it to Direct3D9 or OpenGL.

I hope everything works out for you xx
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:53:45 pm by Tessel »

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 04:53:53 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5v967c34u6acaw/terrains.zip

Above is the link to download all the original files in the Terrains folder, just in case. After downloading it, open it and go into textures. Copy everything in there, and paste it all into Feralheart > Media > Terrains > Textures.

Click copy and replace for all the files.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Primrose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • Primlet
    • Primmmy
    • aleuwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 06:38:32 pm »
I keep having a similar problem, but I am not missing any textures. The problem usually just comes and goes.
I switch back and forth between rendering systems every so often and it usually helps fix the problem. 

Pixel icon made by the lovely, Daffolily. ♥

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 07:07:44 pm »
A few years ago I had the same problem.
What fixed it for me was switching to OpenGL.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Artwork (c) LynxBrush & Majorest

Originally registered January 15, 2011

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 09:00:03 pm »
If you downloaded some stuff there's a possibility that things got a bit messed up, so here are some Feral Heart Default Folderd and separate files for U! c: