Author Topic: Game Keeps Crashing when Trying to Add a Terrain Map...?  (Read 1558 times)

Offline RoseHeart61

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Kifo. It means 'Death' in Swahili.
    • View Profile
Game Keeps Crashing when Trying to Add a Terrain Map...?
« on: March 14, 2016, 01:57:29 pm »
My game keeps crashing every time I try to add my W.I.P Map's terrain map. All I do is type in the terrain map name "LustTerrain.png" and try to keep working on it, but no matter what I do it always crashes.

Any idea on what's happening?

This keeps happening on every map, no matter what the name is. I delete the default in the original terrain map name and type in the new map's name and click the tab to try to save but it crashes the game. I checked throughout the folders to make sure everything was in the right place but it keeps crashing.
Its in grayscale, the images are 513x513 (both), there's a mask and a terrain map, no alpha channel, single layered...

Update: Now the load file isn't even in the game anymore, or the folder it should be in after I saved it. It's like it was erased from the game or something. Only the map files remain.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:01:26 pm by Anila Reso »

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Game Keeps Crashing when Trying to Add a Terrain Map...?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 02:11:46 pm »
There could be several things wrong with the Terrain file itself, not the game. Make sure all of these things are accounted for when making your terrain before loading it in the map maker:

-Image needs to be 513x513
-Grayscale mode (You need a program such as Gimp or Photoshop to put it in grayscale mode)
-One layer (Delete additional layers or flatten the image)
-No alpha channel (Right click the layer and uncheck alpha channel if it's marked)
-.png

You are amazing <3

Offline RoseHeart61

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 03:55:03 pm »
There could be several things wrong with the Terrain file itself, not the game. Make sure all of these things are accounted for when making your terrain before loading it in the map maker:

-Image needs to be 513x513
-Grayscale mode (You need a program such as Gimp or Photoshop to put it in grayscale mode)
-One layer (Delete additional layers or flatten the image)
-No alpha channel (Right click the layer and uncheck alpha channel if it's marked)
-.png

Well, all of those things are accounted for. It's in grayscale, it's 513x513, it's only 1 layer, it doesn't have an alpha channel, and it's a .png file.
This is my second time working on a map (my first one was just a test with objects and stuff), and I did everything the same except with the geographical features. I double checked everything to make sure it was ok to be put into the map maker.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:57:34 pm by Anila Reso »

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 04:24:32 pm »
Try saving it to the correct folder again and..hmm..consider titling it lustTerrain rather than LustTerrain. I'm not sure if that would be affecting it but it's worth a try.

It seems that other users have also encountered the same problem and found that if they tested the same name (LustTerrain in your case) but with a plain flat terrain, it had no problem. Basically, it could be that your terrain is too detailed and the game can't load it in.

You are amazing <3

Offline RoseHeart61

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 04:35:12 pm »
Try saving it to the correct folder again and..hmm..consider titling it lustTerrain rather than LustTerrain. I'm not sure if that would be affecting it but it's worth a try.

It seems that other users have also encountered the same problem and found that if they tested the same name (LustTerrain in your case) but with a plain flat terrain, it had no problem. Basically, it could be that your terrain is too detailed and the game can't load it in.

Ok. I even tried going to change the config file and manually changing the defaultTerrain.png to LustTerrain.png and after loading it, well.... that just does nothing X3  It isn't too different from my first map, which had hills and two gorges, a river and everything (Lion King), just a little more hilly. I'll try it out.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 06:24:50 pm »
I've heard in the past that sometimes the smudge tool can mess things up (especially for the terrain mask). Maybe try to not go crazy with it and see if it helps

Or, just simply try creating everything again from scratch with new file names (even if it's a pain) and try to get it very close to the original
Farewell everyone<3