Author Topic: Aspen Island: Reloaded! (UPDATED: 5/6/16)  (Read 4090 times)

TheBigBadWolfy

Aspen Island: Reloaded! (UPDATED: 5/6/16)
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:19:36 pm »
EDIT: The map has been updated!
- Many meshes have been compromised or removed to tone down the lag.
- Particle effects have been added.
- Small parts of the map have been changed.
- WoW wolf and default meshes removed. They caused a lot of lag for some unknown reason.
- Portal location fixed.

Downloads:
Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txit70c21gp2md5/Aspen%20Island.zip?dl=0
Mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/em9dmmg8ri8ddrf/Aspen+Island.zip

I'm not entirely sure if any of the older members remember a map project by the name of "Aspen Island", and though I honestly doubt it, I did find the map was still saved onto my dusty FeralHeart files, and so I decided to start it all over again. The older map was pretty plain, with default trees and little to nothing interesting, so I hope this improved version is a step up from that. So here we have it. Aspen Island, a public map, open for roleplaying, or just hanging out. The rules are simple. Don't harass anybody, no mating, and don't claim any territory. This is a public map for all to enjoy.

Far beyond the reaches of any wolf or lion, exist the Island of Aspen. A fabled island, only spoken about in legends and tales. A gorgeous, green, lush and thriving island; a paradise to all that exist here. Birds of many breeds fly freely over the clear, clean waters, inhabited by schools of fish traversing the waters of the island. Herds of deer graze peaceful amongst the untouch grass, as they are stalked unknowingly by wolves, whilst insects sing and hop through the lush green. You find yourself washed up upon a rotting wooden rowing boat one day, to discover that here, on this remote island in the middle of an endless sea, exists a wolf pack, led by the kind, horned wolf known as Alfie. He welcomes you to his island, and assures that this place is safe, as long as you don't do him or it's inhabitants wrong. So now, it's time to explore the beautiful and fabled land of Aspen Island.

Here are a few previews. Mind, I've left out plenty for you to explore and enjoy by yourself!

Credits to ZombieKitteh for the terrain layout! I'd credit you on dA, but I simply don't have an account, nor do I know your FeralHeart account.
Full credit also goes to the owners of the meshes used.

http://zombiekitteh.deviantart.com/art/Zombie-s-Terrain-Height-Map-Pack-2-359101797

Download my gateway mod!
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=55326.msg754238#msg754238
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:36:17 pm by ???? »

Preach

Re: Aspen Island: Reloaded!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 09:38:29 pm »
I just love your maps! <3 Your did a awesome job capturing details. I am really impressed.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 09:41:03 pm »
Ahh! Such a stunning map, I love it!! <3 Great job on this, I can't get over how pretty it looks :o
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 11:13:50 pm »
Amazing! I'll be sure to download it and check it out :3
Farewell everyone<3

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 09:25:12 am »
You have some very unique map making skills, and it also looks like you've been using an ENB mod to enhance the wonderful views, well done! Keep up the amazing work, because I'd just love to see what else you can do, and what other themed maps you can come up with, you truly have a very unique talent so don't give up on yourself. <3

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 10:42:53 am »
Simply Speechless .... ?
- Le Nuzzles , Pandeer Sticker To The Snout -

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 03:16:02 pm »
This looks beautiful. The meshes are wonderfully placed and the map has plenty of detail. Good job!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 09:22:31 pm »
Woah this looks beautiful! I can tell you must have spent a lot of time on it, it looks super detailed! I look forward to seeing any maps you might make in the future c:

TheBigBadWolfy

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 09:25:28 pm »
Wowie! I disappear for a day or two to get my new laptop set up, and I come back to a tonne of support for the map, so thank you! The map took two whole days overall to finish, and I apologize for any lag you may experience with the high amount of meshes, but it'll clear up after a few moments ingame.

I might start working on another map? It'll be another island map, because I'm faaaar too lazy to work on anything land-orientated. Anyway, enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:08:51 pm by Alfred »

TheBigBadWolfy

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 08:33:52 pm »
I felt like taking some nice screenshots of the map last night, so here's some more previews of the map.