Author Topic: What happend to my game???  (Read 1133 times)

Offline parlydogs22

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Hey.
    • View Profile
What happend to my game???
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:42:05 pm »
When I open up i'm greeted to this,"The program can't start because irrKlang.dll is missing from your computer."      And I need help!
Planet Earth turns slowly....

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: What happend to my game???
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 10:46:15 pm »
Did this randomly start today? Did you download some other program recently? It's possible some other thing could have messed up FH

When do you get the message? Right after you click on the icon, while it's loading, the menu screen, etc?

I would try changing rendering systems
Farewell everyone<3

Preach

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:48:40 pm »
My Help Section (Why won't my game work?)

We all usually experience that time when our game doesn't turn on. Here's some solutions. This is not listing all of them, because every case if different. HELP BOARD: Help board HAVE A QUESTION POST THERE. NEED MY HELP? GO HERE: PM me

Feralheart.exe has stopped working? irrKlang.dll missing?
(Windows)

Don't be scared, this is a common issue for many players... It's not the end of the world, I promise you. For most people, it's usually a problem with the files in Feralheart's folder that is located directly in your C: drive (local disk) on your computer, and not your computer itself. Here I will post some problems, solutions, explanations, and how to fix them!

-Solution 1-
It's best to try an change your game's "rendering system" first. A rendering system is basically how your computer "reads" and "renders" a video game (see below picture). Feralheart has two rendering engines to choose from: OpenGL and DirectX. Many Windows orientated computer games run on DirectX. (If I remember correctly, some computers already come with DirectX already installed, but if you know you don't have it, you can download it here)
Changing the game's rendering system from outside the actual game is quite simple.
First, go into C: > Feralheart. If you look at the FH main folder, you will see a file called:
"orge.cfg"
Click it, and open it with "notepad" or any other program that you can edit text files with. Doesn't ask to change it? Right click the file (make sure you're not clicking the Feralheart folder itself) go to properties > " change..." and search for notepad on your computer,

Look at the first two lines in the orge.cfg file. That is where you change the game's rendering system to either OpenGL or DirectX

If you followed everything that was typed and the instructions in the pictures, you should have successfully switched your rendering system.

Didn't work? Keep reading.

-Solution 2-
The next (hopefully) solution is also simple. Simply search for FearlHeart's folder in your computer and open it. You'll see a bunch of folders and some files. Look for the folder named "media" an then click it. Once you see all of those new folders, click the "particles" folder. (Simplified: C:/Feralheart/media/particles) You'll see some random files in there with exotic names such as star aura, etc. Those particles are those moving animations in game, like the smoke in Sky's Rim. Sometimes when the game crashes or you accidentally install a map incorrectly, those particle files duplicate, and you do not want that to happen. If you see any particle files that end with a _0, _1, and so on, delete them. That's a possible reason why Feralheart crashes once it turns on. Computers aren't very good at distinguishing differences in files with the same names, unless they are different file extensions. Sometimes particles can also find their way into the my_objects folder which is in C:/Feralheart/media/objects/my_objects. If you still don't see any, you can also search in computer "particle."

Didn't work? Keep Reading.

-Solution 3-
Just as particle files can duplicate, so can those pesky mesh files in the my_objects in C:/Feralheart/media/objects/my_objects. If you see any files in there (if you have any in there) that end in _0, _1, and so on, delete them.

-Solution 4-
Next, your best option would be to reinstall Feralheart via a new installer. What I mean by that is when you downloaded FH off the site, you didn't automatically get FH onto your computer; you go an installer. Go to here and download the setup ONLY. Do not download the patch or the torrent. Wait until that setup has been downloaded from the internet, and then run it. Install Feralheart, and see if it works!

Another problem quite a few players get is something similar to this:

___.DLL is missing from your computer.

A .dll file is just a file extension that is necessary for Feral Heart to run. Without these, you'll get an error.

The most common one I have seen missing would be the IRRKLANG.DLL. The irrkalng.dll is necessary to play songs correctly in Feralheart, and if this is missing you will get an error.
Here's a screenshot of the error:

How do I fix it, you may ask? Well, the first thing you want to see if where you turn Feralheart on. I'm sure most people have a little desktop icon that looks like this.

Yes? Well, do you see that little box with the blue arrow in the bottom corner of the icon? That means it's a shortcut to a file called Feralheart.exe. That Feralheart.exe file is what people use to turn Feralheart on, however, some people drag the actual Feralheart.exe file onto their desktop unknowingly and try to turn on FH. And guess what error you'll get?! Look at the picture of IrrKlang.dll above. It's easy to fix this. Simply right click that Feralheart.exe file click "cut," and then you to Feralheart's folder located directly in your C: drive. Open that folder, and right click again, and this time, click "paste." You'll see that file pop up! Now right click that new file, click "copy" then go to your desktop, right click, and click "paste as shortcut." Now click it like nothing ever happened! It should work!

Your best option would be to reinstall Feralheart via a new installer. What I mean by that is when you downloaded FH off the site, you didn't automatically get FH onto your computer; you go an installer. Go to here and download the setup ONLY. Do not download the patch or the torrent. Wait until that setup has been downloaded from the internet, and then run it. Install Feralheart, and see if it works!

Have another .dll error that is not listed here? Go here for all your needs.

Want an explanation on why something happens and how it's fixed? PM me or ask here, and I'll make a tutorial on it.

Offline parlydogs22

• Hey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 11:02:13 pm »
I'm using Windows 8 in that case.

Offline parlydogs22

• Hey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 12:46:17 am »
WAIT WAIT WAIT I JUST RE-DOWNLOADED IT AND IT FINALLY WORKS! WHOOP WHOOP!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 01:29:03 am »
Glad the issue was sorted out! I'll be locking this now :3
Farewell everyone<3