Author Topic: Map making rustiness.  (Read 859 times)

Offline Squee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Map making rustiness.
« on: April 09, 2016, 01:16:32 pm »
I've recently decided I'm keen to make a map for a roleplay of mine, and it isn't quite working out. I don't want to use a free heightmap as I've made my own and I don't know whether it's too complex or if I've done something wrong because the second I put it into the TerrainHeight Map box, my game freezes and stops responding. I've removed the Alpha Channel thinking that was the problem but it still does the same thing.

Please could someone explain how to save the heightmap from Gimp in .PNG format again (and yes it is all in grayscale)

Thank you.

Signature by Velkss! :)

Preach

Offline Squee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Map making rustiness.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 01:34:15 pm »
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17452.0%20newwindow

Does this help?

Whilst it helped resolve a placement issue, my game is still non-responsive when I enter it into the terrain height field. Thank you for your help though!

Signature by Velkss! :)

Preach

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 01:34:56 pm »
You're welcome.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 01:55:53 pm »
There's a couple of things you wanna make sure is correct with your height map before putting it in the game, otherwise it will crash.
- Make sure your image is the correct size. I believe the image should be 513x513 pixels
- Flatten your image/merge all layers. If the image is not flattened, FH will crash
- Make sure the name of your heightmap contains "Terrain" in it. So for an example, your image should be called "namehereTerrain.PNG"
- Make sure the image is saved as a .PNG, and saved in FeralHeart>Media>Terrains

I hope this helps to sort out the problem. If it doesn't work still, please let me know and I'll be happy to help your further ^u^
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.