Author Topic: If the source code could be obtained, I recommend this minor graphics update  (Read 2338 times)

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Okay, first of all I am kindof wondering what's up with this story about the creator abandoning the game and not revealing the source code. Has he been unresponsive to all attempts to contact him, or is it just that he refuses to share the code for some reason?

Anyway, under the condition that this could somehow be done, I would like to see a toggleable overlay that shows a grid on the ground over the map. The reason for this is that movement becomes more doable for chase scenes and so forth, and if anyone were to come up with a system for the game.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Preach

Trust me, if the source code was obtained, many of the suggestions that others made up, would have been included in the game. Just the way you're feeling, the staff feels the same. Basically, everyone is bit overwhelmed about the source code not given to the staff but the only thing we can do is wait. But please do keep you mind your suggestions is not discouraged...Sadly, no actions can't be placed due to source code...but I'm sure the staff will consider it furtherwise.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
This is quite a nice idea!

To answer your question about KovuLKD (the creator) and his sudden "poof" from existence, he supposedly just fell completely out of contact one day. Though I was not around long enough to have met him, or to witness his departure, he stopped updating the game, fell out of the community, and kept the source code to himself. He may still lurk around, I'm not sure, but I believe he turned to other projects. I'm not sure if we'll ever get the source code, but we can all hope.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Well, hopefully it all works out and he can be contacted somehow. If not, oh well. The idea is there anyway: simple to implement, but with the potential to substantially improve gameplay.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
I really like this idea, it would totally make things a lot easier.
Kovu gave us a christmas update (hence the update box in game) and basically left. There were rumors that he was starting to make a facebook game, and it came out a year or two ago. It was called Feral Tales, and was basically FH but 2d and on facebook.
Recently someone tried to make another edition of FH (I didn't really agree with it) and Kovu actually came back to tell them not to. The game progress was actually going really well and I'm surprised they made it that far.
Anyway I believe contact has been established at one point in time and he gave nothing to the staff? There are so many different stories & it has been said/believed that someone over on KITO has the source code (idk about this one, I don't go on KITO often anymore). < Edit: RedEye on KITO is making a FH clone, that's really all I know.

I don't want this to turn into a drama discussion though, please, I am just informing upon request.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:33:19 pm by Tailgate. »

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
I really like this idea, it would totally make things a lot easier.
Kovu gave us a christmas update (hence the update box in game) and basically left. There were rumors that he was starting to make a facebook game, and it came out a year or two ago. It was called Feral Tales, and was basically FH but 2d and on facebook.
Recently someone tried to make another edition of FH (I didn't really agree with it) and Kovu actually came back to tell them not to. The game progress was actually going really well and I'm surprised they made it that far.
Anyway I believe contact has been established at one point in time and he gave nothing to the staff? There are so many different stories & it has been said/believed that someone over on KITO has the source code (idk about this one, I don't go on KITO often anymore). < Edit: RedEye on KITO is making a FH clone, that's really all I know.

I don't want this to turn into a drama discussion though, please, I am just informing upon request.

Not a problem, now I get that things are confusing and nobody is exactly sure what's going on. I was just curious.

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
Oh, damn, I didn't know about this..  it makes me feel bad for all the suggestions now lol. I hope it will change soon.

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Oh, damn, I didn't know about this..  it makes me feel bad for all the suggestions now lol. I hope it will change soon.
But please do keep you mind your suggestions is not discouraged...

It sounds like you're good, no need to feel bad.