Author Topic: What is Feralheart to you?  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Sandytails

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • I rly like robots tbh
    • neon-chann.deviantart.com
    • wildbreak
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
What is Feralheart to you?
« on: April 28, 2016, 01:10:27 pm »
As everyone knows, Feralheart has been silent lately. Maybe it's a period, maybe it's coming towards its end, but that will never take away the wonderful memories of it.

Honestly, when I started playing 4-5 years ago, I was immediately in love with the game. The many people and tons of different characters made me feel at home. Being able to make my own characters and roleplay them at any time was a dream come true. Little 15 year old me was always very sad when I couldn't be on FH for a day.

What is Feralheart to me now? Like a second home.

I've met amazing people on feralheart in my time. From people I met in the many roleplays around Feralheart, to the blogging community that I've grown very close to in the time it was very active.

I've learned so much from this game. From knowledge about animals, to drastically improving my writing (Went from one liners to nearly writing whole books, woah!). Of course there have been bad times too, but it can't all be perfect. The good times I had made up for all of it.

I love Stone bridge the most, the little community made up meetup place. There's so many diverse people there, and nowadays I still like going there on my characters and just striking up a conversation with people. It's something that keeps me busy, and something that makes me happy when I'm sad.

I've also gotten my love for Hyenas and Warrior cats from here, and I still roleplay them to this day. The whole WC clan thing Feralheart has got going on is one of the most fun things to participate in, and it's a little sad that they're either moving to maps or dying...

And I know I have not been on Feralheart much lately, mostly since I'm often alone when I log in, or I'm busy with my study (Game artist life is hard, man). But it will always stay one of my favorite games of all time, and I will never be able to forget it.

Even if it dies one day.

What is it to you?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:16:44 pm by Neon-chan »
Gif of Bitobae by Deathy <3

Find me on FH with the usernames Sandytails, Clawingeyes, Magolor, Spring-trap and Whirl!

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
Re: What is Feralheart to you?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 03:55:39 pm »
My thought are: In FeralHeart, every day is Internet Best Friend Day. People could be liars and ruin your life like they told you. But hey could be the best people you will ever know, and no one irl cold take on that role. FH is a good place to make friends.
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:46:16 pm »
Oh. Interesting topic c:

Feral-Heart is like my second virtual home my little life. The whole community is like my family and the friends I make here start becoming a part of my small circle of pals. It's also a great place for me to relax and see what's new in the virtual world here. c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 06:49:36 pm »
A place where I can be myself

A place where I can roleplay as an animal, feel like one a little bit. There aren't many animal games out there unfortunately and this is the best one so far, in my opinion of course. I do wish we could actually hunt and do stuff like that, like in Wolf Quest, but FH is still a great place for roleplaying, communicating and exploring our inner floofs :3

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:53:00 pm »
Feralheart to me is where I can express myself, and meet a lot of friendly people. If it ever did die out, which will probably not happen, I will still play it. <3

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 07:33:37 pm »
FeralHeart is just a place I can be myself. Without this game, I would not have me my amazing group of friends. It really helped to pull me out of my little hole I had fallen into after loosing my rl friends. It's also a nice place  I can come here to just get away from real life problems for a bit.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 07:52:59 pm »
For me, FH is like a sanctuary where I can go when real life is stressful or not running too smooth. Everyone is so warm and nice here and it reminds me that there are wonderful people out there---that really do put a smile on my face. Everyone cares a ton for this little game, and I think that's such an attractive quality for a game to have. Really, FH has sculpted me in so many ways. It may have been a lot more energetic and fun in its earlier years, but hey, it's still filled with sweet people and some rad RPs, so in no way do I think its become devalued. Plus, new faces seem to pop up everyday, which is very exciting. I could go on forever about this topic, but I think ya get the point. xD
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline CeramicSoul

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • One day M'love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:45:17 pm »
It's a place where I have lots of friends and a sen-pie Zuri-Chan plus a great time! It really helped me after I fell into a deep depression stage and turned me in to what I am today! :)
Your friendly neighborhood derp.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 06:52:36 am »
I believe the majority of the community who take their time to read my post will agree that FeralHeart is not only a place where you can be yourself (even if you're the goofiest fluff ever that you don't think anyone can tolerate you) and it's rightfully every member's home. The fact that this game does not require you to be limited in personality and keep yourself to a certain level of "maturity" (aka being as crazy as you like, not the other immature traits that might break the rules haha) in itself is so welcoming. I've been through games where if you're not a certain "someone", then you are "no one" because the Staff don't like you for who you are and that influences how the community views you. FeralHeart is much more different, and everyone accepts everyone! Sure we've all had our ups and downs with eachother at some point, but that doesn't mean we hold a grudge permanently. FeralHeart to me is where I will forever be staying as my personal teddy bear, whenever I'm feeling down I'll snuggle the forums and I'll instantly be cheered up.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Keru

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Echh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 12:22:26 pm »
FeralHeart to me is somewhere I can be someone else.
I haven't been active in awhile but it used to be my main priority in life. Keeping up with roleplays, staying in contact with friends, improving my writing and much more. It was an escape from the real world for me. In school I was the quiet nerd who was too scared to reach out to people, online I was the bubbly, confident kid amongst people who shared my passion for animals and nerdy culture. It was a second home, almost a sanctuary where I could break out of my bubble of anxiety and say what I thought, express how I felt, behind a shield of anonymity.
I made friends I'll never forget, discovered communities that have taught me so much and held onto my creative imagination.

I dearly miss it now and hope to find time in my now busy life to return to the world I spent so much of my life in.
-Crazy dog lady