Author Topic: Feral Heart crashes when I try to open it after exporting a map  (Read 3124 times)

Offline 18Animalz

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I just exported a map, sent it to a friend and they said they couldn't see some objects so I try to go on fh to see if I had the same problem. When I try to open FH it just loads up the game box and crashes. "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working".
I've tried uninstalling (backing up my map and object files in a separate folder on my desktop) and installing, then putting back in my map and object files. It still crashes. I sorta want to keep my map files at the least, so if anyone knows a solution that keeps the map files, that'd be much appreciated.

(If a thread like this has been solved then I apologize, I guess I didn't see it)

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Feral Heart crashes when I try to open it after exporting a map
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 08:22:49 am »
You may have some objects in the wrong folders there floof. That tends to happen sometimes. Make sure everything is where it should be first of all. Double check if needed.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 08:23:47 am »
I may not be an expert on this , but do you think some of the object files has become unusable or have became corrupted by chance? Maybe you accidentally put some files in incorrectly ( unless it worked for you perfectly and not the friend ). Another thing you can try is perhaps going through and making sure that all the files are in correctly and seeing if it works for you and then try and making sure that your friend is putting the map in the correct place in the folder.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 08:51:25 am »
I'm gonna add onto this a bit and hope it helps with some answers, for I am the friend that is being referred here xD I downloaded the map and put all the files that I received into exports. I was told that was what I was suppose to do because all the files are fho files. After doing that, I logged onto FeralHeart. I did not crash at all, and was able to enter the map perfectly fine. However, upon entering the map, loads of meshes were missing. I had seen the map being created before, so I knew most of the meshes that were meant to be in the map, however many that I knew of were not there. Even to the simple default Mount mesh was gone. The problem I'm having isn't so much as the crashing like my friend is having above, but just that many of the meshes have just disappeared. Although from what I can tell, the files for them were in the download I received.

I may not be an expert on this , but do you think some of the object files has become unusable or have became corrupted by chance? Maybe you accidentally put some files in incorrectly ( unless it worked for you perfectly and not the friend ). Another thing you can try is perhaps going through and making sure that all the files are in correctly and seeing if it works for you and then try and making sure that your friend is putting the map in the correct place in the folder.

We did theorize that there was a file that had become corrupted somehow, which is why many meshes have vanished, although we are hoping we are able to recover the map in some way so we don't have to start over.

Note however, because my friend above is crashing without being able to even get to the login screen, we do not know if this is just happening to the files I have, or to the map all together.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:03:09 am by TheOneAndOnlyy »

Offline 18Animalz

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:06:54 pm »
Currently, (before going on the forums, which was probably a bad idea) the exports folder is empty but the media folder has all my maps and objects in it. I've checked that everything is in the right place. (there aren't fho's/fhm's anywhere and the maps are all in the terrains folder.) I'm pretty sure a file has been corrupted but idk how to tell.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 04:49:06 pm »
I tried looking into this, but nothing really came up for me, and I would say that if you're not sure you may have to go through and tweak it just a bit ( Not saying do a dramatic change or anything ) and testing each file and see which one doesn't work. But I'm sure a map expert can you help you soon if you can't figure it out yet. ~

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 05:02:38 pm »
I'm kind of tired right now so sorry if I'm not much of a help, buuut -

1. As Hakumi mentioned, you can maybe mess around with it a little bit, like maybe even delete some objects. To do this outside of the game, you have to go to media>terrains>[TheMap'sNamefolder] and click on "[TheMap'sName]Objects.cfg
You'll see stuff like, for example,
This
[Stuff2/BonePile]
6219 402.295 8758.4;250 250 250
[Stuff2/Volcano]
12525.2 521.357 13184.2;1.651 1.561 1.056
in the coding. These are two objects, and the only objects of their kind in the map. You just delete the whole line, for example, the Bone Pile. You delete both the numbers and the "[Stuff2/BonePile] line, but keep the object below it which is the volcano. I'm talking about the coding, once again.

2. Also, since you're crashing, it's important to keep in mind to check the particles folder for duplicates.

3. If nothing works at all, then you might honestly need to reinstall, or uninstall and reinstall. Don't worry, though, you can always keep your stuff, including the map, in another folder on your computer for backup. But since the map is acting funky, I'm not sure how keeping it will do... Who knows, though, reinstalling might solve more problems than I know.

I think it's most likely that it's number 2 that's the problem, personally... But anyway, I hope I helped somewhat! ^^

Let me know if anything here is confusing or something.

Offline 18Animalz

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 04:25:33 am »
I got Feral Heart to stop crashing as well as the maps to stay! :D

2. Also, since you're crashing, it's important to keep in mind to check the particles folder for duplicates.

It wasn't exactly duplicate particles, but it had something to do with them. Thanks!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 04:53:43 am »
Locking this since the issue was solved. Have fun with your map!
Farewell everyone<3