Author Topic: RPS Conflict  (Read 1881 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: RPS Conflict
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 09:39:45 pm »
Some people can be pretty critical when it comes to roleplay samples, and the people who don't like them might've experienced that part more. Either that, or they've heard more stories of that kind of critique when they didn't want it. Or maybe, they just rejected them /without/ reason, without giving them any pointers. That's just my guess, anyway.

Some people on FeralHeart can be a bit judgmental, y'know? But I'm alright with roleplay samples. I don't think you should be too harsh when it comes to them, though, like if you don't like their style of roleplay, you could just give them a critique/some advice. Not mean, like "you're really bad, please don't use * that's awful", more like "Hmm. Well, you're actually really good - My only suggestion is that you get rid of the *'s, if that's okay?" or something like that. Shouldn't just reject them straight out because you're "literate."

My point is, there's a bad side and a good side to it. It's not just roleplay samples themselves with how I see it, it's just the person who receives it sometimes, y'know

I hope this made sense argh

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 09:45:38 pm »
I have no problem with the roleplay samples, in fact I like that they are a big thing in FH. I know some people have that negative mentality about roleplaying samples and the people who ask for them. I for one am not very strict with samples, and when I do reject someone it is very rarely, and I am always polite about it and give them some pointers if they ever want to try again. I did experience some people who were quite rude after I rejected them, or simply left after I asked them to give me a rp sample without saying a word. It doesn't affect me though, but as person who asks for them myself, here's how I see it.

Roleplaying is a skill, and when you are in charge of a roleplaying community, one of the main concerns is making sure that all members of said community have close to the same roleplaying skill. Note I'm not saying that only certain roleplaying skills are better than others, but if every member roleplays using similar styles, then it's easier for everyone to feel involved. I believe that with the same roleplaying skill in a group, there is less of a chance that people will feel left out, or that there will be any delays or problems that would arise while roleplaying with a large amount of members. Of course, those that may have a harder time with roleplaying can learn from roleplay samples, if they only take the time to acknowledge the good behind them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:47:24 pm by TheOneAndOnlyy »

Offline ImWithStupid

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 10:07:13 pm »
I don't think that Role play Samples are things to be looked down upon. Honestly, if people have a negative mindset about RPS's then maybe they should just stick to the Non-Rps Groups in FH. And if they don't like it, then..Well, too bad. There are way more prides/clans/packs that request Rp Samples upon joining vs. ones who don't.