Author Topic: Sky Maker Assistance Needed  (Read 1128 times)

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Mr. Sakurai I don't feel too good.
    • View Profile
Sky Maker Assistance Needed
« on: May 19, 2016, 12:46:20 am »
 Hello everyone,

I'm currently making a map, but there is one thing that I am trying that is new to me and I need some help. Does anyone know the exact numbers for the time? You see I'm using the firefly weather cycle and I want it to start when the sun begins setting. I would like to know the numbers for sunset (time) and how long I should make the duration so that it lasts throughout the night. So really what I need is when sunset begins for time and how long the duration should be so the sun can be rising when the firefly weather particle will vanish.

I know that I can figure out the rest of the numbers by simply doubling the time and duration for the next cycle but first, I need the main numbers for it. If anyone can answer this question, that will help me immensely. cx
"I'm really feeling it!"

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Sky Maker Assistance Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:57:12 am »
If you are talking about the actual time when the sun sets and rises in the maps, then I actually don't know if it's a fixed time. I know that day/night lasts for an hour, but I've noticed that the times change for some reason. Whether this helps your current case or not depends I guess. It may be completely possible to do it, but I guess I was just adding what I know. ^^'

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 01:07:30 am »
 I'm not talking about irl time, sorry if I sounded confusing. Hehe, I can be terrible at explaining things. What I mean is the cycle numbers. When you're making the cycle for your weather you need to put in the time for when you want your cycle to start example: [232] and then you need to put the duration of the cycle [655]. The thing I am trying to find out is what the numbers need to be on the cycle for sunset to sunrise. This way I can place the fireflies where they need to be. Sorry for the confusion.
"I'm really feeling it!"

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:17:03 am »
You're fine fluff! You did a good job explaining! I just happen to get confused easily. Well, I don't exactly know all of that stuff for that, but someone will come along and help I'm sure. Sorry for bothering ya! ^^

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:20:40 am »
It's alright, thanks for trying to help me anyway. x3
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 01:48:32 am »
I've tried looking this up for ya and so far I'm coming up short. You could always do a trial and error, keeping tabs on what you tried so far and such before coming up with a solution ( Even tried doing this myself and still nothing , probably doing it wrong ^^ )
But if no else comes through, I wish you the best of luck c;

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 03:36:59 pm »
I'm not all too sure if there is a definitive way of doing this if it's even at all possible, but, I might as well put in my two cents.

Looking at Sky Maker, on the Cycle tab, the maximum Time is 6999. I'm going to assume that that is the equivalent of 24 game hours, or for lack of a better word, from sunrise to sunrise, sunset to sunset, etc.
That may be where you do the math. Half of 6999 is 3499.5 (and since no other Maker in the game besides Object Maker allows for decimal values, you'll have to put just 3499).  3499 is the half-way point on the timeline in the Cycle tab, so what I would do is drag the scroll bar to that half-way point on the timeline, then choose your weather file and set the duration also to 3499, and click New Weather. What the game will do is add the weather cycle to start at the half-way point to the end. I have a couple of weather cycles that go as long as the 6999 limit, which they pretty much go on forever no matter what time of day it is in the game, so my logic is if the weather is set to go half that, it should only last during the night or the day.

However should this fail, my only other reasoning would be that because a sky file and a weather file are both separate files you'd put into Map Maker, there is no way to link the times up, they both move on their own and will happen when they happen.

Don't be discouraged tho, someone else might have a better answer than me, so keep trying until you get a definite yes or no.

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 06:17:50 pm »
 Alright I'll give that a shot. Thank you so much for the assistance everyone, I really appreciate it.
"I'm really feeling it!"