Author Topic: RP Clutter  (Read 1134 times)

Offline lolflap

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
RP Clutter
« on: May 19, 2016, 08:09:44 pm »
Recently I've realized something about mapped and sited RPs- most of them will have you download their maps and register for their site before you've even gotten to know anyone in the group. (Not to say this doesn't work for anyone, it just confuses me.) Am I the only one who tends to hang out groupless for a while before I do anything major with my characters?

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: RP Clutter
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:14:31 pm »
Nej, you're not alone on that boat.
Main reason why I dont really join any groups all that much is because I dont see how I can balance out my time for the group...OR I just haven't found one that interested me.
When it comes joining the site / downloading the map, I'm guessing it's to keep order and so that way it's more organized to them and will avoid having to repeat themselves, everyone will be accounted for, yada yada.
But hey, everyone is different so what might work for some, might not work for others.
Interesting topic though c;

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline lolflap

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:18:37 pm »
That's true. It's really mostly imposing names (a lot of them are in Latin?) and the inevitable cloud of people that post an amazing amount of paragraphs at the same time-- plus I've never been good at focusing on those things without getting confused.

And thank you.
  :)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:19:10 pm »
Though I'm not too big on mandatory RP websites, I do see a reason why others may like 'em. Yer not alone though, I tend to avoid non-personal groups for this reason.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 08:47:13 pm »
Honestly, im ok with it, but I do agree that it would be better if I got to know the group first, and then I might download the map. But most of my characters are not in groups, except one. Only because I am trying to find the right one.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 09:23:54 pm »
I honestly don't mind if groups have their own sites/maps and whatnot. I am with a lot of other people here though when I say I have to kinda watch the group and see what they are all about before I consider joining them.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 10:13:19 pm »
I don't necessarily mind the whole mapped/sited thing, but I do like to observe a group for a couple of days before joining (Unless I'm super bored D:) just to see how they are and how active they are and stuff. The worst thing ever is to join a super cool looking RP and be really excited about it to find out that after you join, none of the members come back online.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.