Author Topic: Can you connect your Chara's Personality to yours?  (Read 3166 times)

Offline AuraSky20

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The queen of not knowing what to put here.
    • View Profile
    • AuraSky's Deviantart
Re: Can you connect your Chara's Personality to yours?
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 09:50:58 pm »
most of my charas have some aspects of my personality.
For example Nyxen he gets embarrassed by little things, or Dusk Moon she is shyer than a bat.
"You can be childlike without being childish. A child always wants to have fun. Ask yourself, 'Am I having fun?'" -Christopher Meloni

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 12:24:34 am »
For the most part, yes. Scuttle is largely based off of me. We both are socially awkward dorks who are "mature" for their age, but 6 year old meme lords at the same time. Also get hit on the head a lot, hehe. Clumsy too. Books, rad sunglasses too I guess. I'm unfortunately not a runic wizard, however, so that's a bit inaccurate.
The rest of my characters reflect parts of me, I suppose. Tont is the more calm, caring and concerned part of me; Yaz is my anxiety and jumpiness; Bullroarer is my inner "mama bear" and drive to protect those I love; Minos is my trouble-maker side, etc.

Interestin' topic!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline usbdongle

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 01:22:10 am »
I've only got a couple characters so far but my main one practices divination, which is something I do irl! He is also kind of goofy and irreverent which is again...similar to me.

My other character is just a wolf-form Windsinger from Flight Rising so he's not me at all :p
Flight Rising #69692 - usbdongle

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 10:39:50 pm »
Ajabu has my awkward sense of self, and self-consciousness.

WarKat has that side of me that just doesn't care about people, and is generally miserable.

and neeya is that high little girl inside of me that loves the sugar.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline RenegadeRaptor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • The Wiccan Wolf
    • http://reccewolf.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »
Most of my Oc's personalities do connect to me. Some connect to different aspects of me.

~Recce~

Offline trashcan-fran

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm cookin' all the dumplings
    • View Profile
    • deviantart :0
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 08:07:13 pm »
Somewhat, ever since I started suffering from clinical depression I have been feeling more and more dead inside and don't really feel much emotion anymore so I would say that my most recent characters have a personality close to mine...AKA very dull and sad xD

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 09:13:07 pm »
I generally like to be diverse with my characters, in order to add some variety to my roleplay as not to make it boring.
Although I do notice that most (not all) of my characters tend to take up a couple of particular traits of mine. Allot of my characters have, over time, picked up my very chill demeanour. They will tend to end up relaxed and calm, and over all level-headed. This characteristic is a rather large part of who I am, and is something I can't really help in myself, which is why it crops up in my characters.
The other trait allot of my characters have taken from me is that of not judging others. This ones a little different from the first one though, because instead of turning up in my characters because I plainly can't help it, this one is more of a choice. Or outright stubbornness. A long time ago, when I was young, I found I had a very strong hatred of judging others, because of how much it happened to me. So not judging others and being absolutely open with anything is something I've worked into myself over my life, and have thus worked the same ideal into my characters intentionally.

But other than those two traits (ohandthatIundernocircumstanceswillbegirly) I like to have a wide variety in characters. Even my own OC is not a representation of myself and my own traits. And any way, those traits don't turn up in all of my characters, I have found it interesting from time to time to experiment in characters that go against all of my views, opinions, beliefs, etc.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:15:00 pm by Kiaz »