Author Topic: Please Help! How do I make items!?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline dragongirl1993

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Please Help! How do I make items!?
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:29:23 am »
I have been looking everywhere and can't find any tutorials on how to make items. Does anyone know if there are any tutorials on how to make them? And if you know how to make them would you be willing to make a tutorial? I would be very thankful if you can help!

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help! How do I make items!?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:32:48 am »
There are plenty of tutorials on how to make objects, but items, such as the ones you put on your character, I have not found any tutorial for, and I have googled it for 5 minutes xD Unfortunately I do not know how to make items either so I cannot make a tutorial for you, although I hope someone will be able to help you with your problem. Good luck :D

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 08:40:58 am »
I don't really know how to make items myself beyond Blender I think. They use it to make items for maps and stuff and I'm pretty sure that's how items would be made. Could be wrong though. I really hope someone comes along that can help you a bit better than I did. xD

Edit: There is this one person I know that makes items I think. She has some items in the Legendary items that players can download. Her name is Tailgate. Pretty sure you can shoot her a message and ask her. Here is her profile.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:43:55 am by ArcticGalaxy »

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:06:22 am »
If you want to make items, then I suggest using a 3D modeling program, such as blender. If you do not know how to use it, then search videos of turtorials, and tips.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 05:27:17 pm »
I recommended using blender as already suggested & looking at tutorials and things. Once you got a general idea and grasp on it, you visit this link here on to to make custom textures for your items.
Click Me ~!
Good Luck Floof ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 06:08:30 pm »
You may also want to try out sculptris to start off if you're a beginner at 3D modeling. It's very easy and requires no knowledge of rendering. You can easily texture it and export it as a .OBJ, but you'll need to download a converter if you wish to get them into the .MESH format that Feral Heart supports. From there I believe there is a certain way you can position them on the models using numbers through the item .cfg coding file, though I am not entirely sure how that works.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 09:30:48 pm »
Mmm, perhaps I should find time to write one up for FeralHeart.

Until then, you can use the one for Impressive Title, the game made by the same creators before they made FeralHeart:
http://fav.me/d5whgtm
It will help with downloads and basics of Blender, which is what is used for FeralHeart/Impressive Title.

Completely ignore sections III and V, since they pertain to Impressive Title and not FeralHeart.

If you get that far, you're free to shoot me a message with any questions about how to further proceed with getting the item into FeralHeart.

Same goes for anyone else who may be reading.