Author Topic: How do you deal with the loss of a pet?  (Read 2244 times)

Offline lamb

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • borf am doge
    • View Profile
Re: How do you deal with the loss of a pet?
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 08:36:14 pm »
I myself have a dog whose time is approaching, too. I understand your pain. He's a sweet old fart (91 in dog-years), who spends his time sleeping, eating, and well, farting. Since I am an atheist, I think there is nothing on the other side - no pain, no illness, no conscience, nothing. Just know that your beloved companion will be going somewhere where they can never be injured or fall sick again. It takes time to get over the loss of someone close to you, but, as ~Faolan~ said, you do move on eventually.

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 01:53:26 am »
Once again, thank you all so much. I definitely feel much better. Reading these over when I need to really lifts my spirits knowing that other people have similar experiences. I appreciate all of this advice. <3

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline Decomposed

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 02:26:16 am »
I usually react badly for a day or so, and then consider the fact that they aren't hurting from whatever it was and try my best to move on in the CORRECT way. I have a dog whom is getting older and it's an unfortunate fact. But you just gotta stay positive in my opinion.
Left FH.

Offline ThunderXHarley

• Curious Wanderer
  • Ken
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 07:51:39 am »
Oh, I am so sorry to here this.
I have had many pet losses- if it is death, or just lost, or surrendered. Either way, the same end. It's very hard at first, loosing them but your memories and hapiness of being with that pet will keep you strong, and soon you will heal. It is a very rough thing to have to go through, and I'm so sorry you have to experience it. The best you can do is let the animal leave in peace, and stay strong by letting them free. Even if it's a lost pet, one you had to give up, or a dying/dead pet. Any way of loss is hard, no matter how. But like I said, the best anyone can do is keep the memories and love and let that animals spirit free, and accept that they are gone, but you'll always have great memories, and love for that animal even if they aren't around. I really hope you feel better and I could help in anyway, if you need anything don't be afraid to ask. Stay well, I wish you luck.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:56:30 am by -Kenzie- »
Never regret something that once made you happy.