Author Topic: Eh, just an idea I had.  (Read 4063 times)

ArcticGalaxy

Eh, just an idea I had.
« on: June 11, 2016, 08:54:34 am »
As you all know, there are quite a few people here that miss the old FeralHeart. And to be honest, I do too. I was just sitting in Cherika tonight and I just started to really think about those old maps. Don't get me wrong, I love the new update, and I wouldn't want that to go away. But I guess what I am suggesting, is have all of those old maps smashed into one pack and available to download. The portal would appear in Cape, and would possibly spawn in the old Lonely Cave, and all portals will lead to all the old maps. Basically just like the old FeralHeart. There may need to be some revisions to names and stuff so people won't be confused.

I know this probably won't and/or can't happen, but it was just a thought I had. I don't usually give much ideas, but decided this would be a good suggestion to make. ^^'

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Eh, just an idea I had.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 09:04:01 am »
Sounds like a lot of work possibly but at the same time a nice idea c:
Maybe it could just be like...a custom map that leads to all the different portals of the old FH maps(?)
Either way, opened to the idea and it sounds interesting o;

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:05:38 am »
Hm, I'll agree with you on this. Even if the new maps are absolutely wonderful, I do miss the previous ones, they were a lot humbler and housed a lot of memories. Having the previous maps as a downloadable extension sounds like a great idea, even if this might not happen officially, I'm quite sure the community would find a way to recreate them.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 09:42:40 am »
Yesssss, I'd love that. I so badly want to see the old maps again. DB

Just to clarify, I like the new ones - But I want to be comfortable with the old ones around and stuff, y'know?

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:29:44 am »
While I do think this would be a neat idea, I think it would defeat the purpose of the update. It's safe to say that users would begin flocking to old places again, and treating the update as if it was actually the downloaded map pack.

And some places, such as Bonfire, were always grounds for trouble at one point or another. It may have been the reason it was removed, from the way users spoke about it prior to the update.

Maps like Bonfire and Fluorite is where many users would most likely flood back to, even if they were the only available maps in the map pack. Not to mention, the staff would have twice the maps they'd have to watch over, since the old FH is where most players would be, and due to the old maps being a download, there would most likely be map claiming issues.

The update was supposed to be something new.  We've been asking for an update for a while, and how exciting that we were able to get one!. If the old FH maps were made available, like I said before, it's likely that the updated maps would become scarce, because the old maps are what people are used to.

I think within time, we'll see these new maps the same way we did the old.

I think lesser used maps such as Temple of Dreams would be ok to put up as downloads, but I personally see too many problems with all of the old maps being downloadable.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:40:29 am by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 12:39:32 pm »
I suggested this exact same thing lol

though if they don't decide to release the old maps as a 'custom' map pack sorta thing, i think they should reintroduce them in at least some manner

like, maybe they could completely rehaul them, but keep certain landmarks and the same overall land structure, but maybe add in more vegetation, dens, and etc

like, they could rehaul Fluorite and reintroduce it, with new vegetation, dens, and just generally make it look a lot better and less empty, but keep some landmarks similar to how they used to be, such as the N/Z, Stone Bridge, L Island, and etc

I mean, they rehauled Ficho, Lonely Cave, and Bonfire, it'd be a nice idea to rehaul the others too.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 07:26:21 pm »
While I do think this would be a neat idea, I think it would defeat the purpose of the update. It's safe to say that users would begin flocking to old places again, and treating the update as if it was actually the downloaded map pack.

And some places, such as Bonfire, were always grounds for trouble at one point or another. It may have been the reason it was removed, from the way users spoke about it prior to the update.

Maps like Bonfire and Fluorite is where many users would most likely flood back to, even if they were the only available maps in the map pack. Not to mention, the staff would have twice the maps they'd have to watch over, since the old FH is where most players would be, and due to the old maps being a download, there would most likely be map claiming issues.

The update was supposed to be something new.  We've been asking for an update for a while, and how exciting that we were able to get one!. If the old FH maps were made available, like I said before, it's likely that the updated maps would become scarce, because the old maps are what people are used to.

I think within time, we'll see these new maps the same way we did the old.

I think lesser used maps such as Temple of Dreams would be ok to put up as downloads, but I personally see too many problems with all of the old maps being downloadable.

Ah, you do have a good point there Edol, faintly thought about that.

I guess maps that weren't as 'popular' or really much of a 'hotspot' could be reintroduced and possible have a bit of the new / old charm of the FH update(?)
Some maps already do somewhat have the main old maps but just with a few new changes.

I guess it could be a conflicting matter since it's so hard to please everyone nowadays no matter what. IMO( In My Opinion ) It's really too soon to make a call when the update was just released the other day and the users are hardly giving the maps a chance ( maybe some already have and are still displeased but that usually is the case ).

Give it some time and maybe then after about a few months possibly even a couple years time, some might actually come to enjoy the maps.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 07:04:14 am »
I was actually thinking the exact same thing! I'd love to see an official map pack with all the old maps. Really hoping this becomes a reality tbh

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 03:10:03 pm »
Hmm, i can't decide... But i think i'd have to disagree, sorry! Here are my points, sweetie:

It would only fill space to add more maps, there are some that'd be as empty as always, or even emptier, per example Atlantis, oh boy Atlantis.

And as someone said before, people would go to the old, popular ones, and it'd would be pretty useless to have had this FH update if we are not using it, at all.

Moderating ALL of these maps would be hella hard! Imagine, +15 maps moderated by a few people... Phew! i woudn't want to be them in that situation.

So that's my opinion, thanks for the suggestion thou!
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline KopaVitani417

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • 404 ERROR supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 12:26:42 am »
If the old maps can't be added back as normal maps, this would be the best option. We NEED the old maps!