Author Topic: How easy is it to make new friends nowadays?  (Read 4920 times)

Offline hailtehwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I honestly don't know what to put here.
    • KurokiSenpai
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profil
    • View Profile
How easy is it to make new friends nowadays?
« on: June 11, 2016, 02:12:14 pm »
I'm going to start this off by saying that I'm not sure if this is in the right place, and if it isn't then I apologize. :c

Okay, so I was wondering how easy it is to talk to and make friends with people nowadays? I remember when I used to play all the time, there were loads of roleplays being advertised and other means of meeting new people. I heard from somewhere that is it much more difficult now, which is a problem for me as I struggle to talk to people.

What do you floofs do to make friends? Do you join in with roleplays, sit around and chat, etc.?

Any of you are free to PM me anytime if you want to play the game together. I'm so hyped to play FH again, but I have no friends to play it with. Everything is changing and it's taking me some time to get used to it. xD

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't think it really belonged in the 'Help' category as I don't have any problems with how my game is running and other things.
Player of Feralheart since 2012.
In-game names: allhailtehwolf (lesser used one) and hailtehwolf (most used one)
PM me anytime you want to chat, roleplay, or whatever. c:

Offline lillyp03

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: How easy is it to make new friends nowadays?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:20:43 pm »
I personally do a mixture of both!
Joining role-plays is fun because you can directly be placed with people who have similar things in common to you, [aggressive rps, passive rps, mapped rps, nonmapped, depends on the group!] But, not all role-plays are active and some will die out.
On the chit-chat side of things I like to talk about what's going on and what's currently happening. Most likely relatable topics and noncontroversial things. I myself, have trouble talking to others so I just post something random in chat like: 'That moment when you realize, you forgot to add a marking on your character's preset after you exported it.' Something like that, most likely starting with 'That moment when'.. I'm that person. lol.

But overall, yea, that's just what I do.. cx

Offline hailtehwolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • KurokiSenpai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 02:40:39 pm »
Ah, okay.
I personally haven't done any roleplaying in years, so I may leave that for some time. I'm assuming finding an active RP group is difficult x)
I think I'll try going to a more popular area in the game and join in with whatever is going on if I can. (whilst avoiding mate centers and adoption centers...)
Hehe. I don't really have much to talk about at the moment but I'm sure I'll find something one day!

Thanks. You helped a lot c:

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 03:27:30 pm »
Well, I'm a very outgoing and friendly person so I tend to just take up a conversation with anyone I meet. But by no means do I think its gotten any more difficult to make friends in FH. It honestly just depends on the type of person you are and the type of person those who you are talking to are. Either just hanging around or joining a RP is always a great way to make friends though<3
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 05:18:42 pm »
Sometimes I just sit and watch mostly. I honestly don't feel comfortable just walking over to someone and striking up a convo. Sometimes floofs come over to me and say Hi and I'll say Hej back and sometimes we end up getting sucked into a conversation before we know it.
Other times, I like to whisper someone, complimenting their character such if I find them interesting and we'll sometimes get into a conversation about characters and things and it'll just take off from there, Lol.
Mostly I get called out per say and others will say 'Hello' but if I find a conversation that I wouldn't mind joining ( and if it's for the general public ) then I actually join in on those every now and again c:

But yes, even though I tend to put myself off to the side, it doesn't mean I don't wish to chat ^^ I'm just a smol shy bean that isn't really a good conversationalist, but if someone waddles over and say 'Hi' to me, then I'll kindly say 'Hej' back and maybe we'll end up getting sucked into a convo.

Nice topic c;

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 07:05:46 pm »
I sometimes join role plays or group to make friends, but sometimes that doesn't work since I don't really join a lot of groups. But sometimes if I see someone I know from the forums I will just said Hi to them, and start a nice chat with them. But since im quiet most of the time its hard making friends. It may be difficult, but if you start getting less shyer and contribute to lots of events you can make a bunch of friends.

Offline hailtehwolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • KurokiSenpai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 08:13:50 pm »
Thank you all for sharing your different opinions. It helps seeing things from another person's perspective sometimes. c:

I'll see if I can join in with whatever is going on in any place, although since I still don't know where I'm going, I'll probably stick to The Grounds.

Sometimes I just sit and watch mostly.

I did the exact same yesterday. It was really awkward, though. x)

I hope I'll make some friends tonight. If not, then there's always tomorrow!

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 08:29:24 pm »
I have actually made friends just be sitting around and chatting and generally just being weird. xD

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 08:37:39 pm »
Wolfie is not a social-butterfly, nor am I. I will simply say "Nay, nay" to the chance of starting a conversation, even if it is just saying I like a character's design (it really depends on my mood, to be frank). However, if the user and I chat frequently, I may start the conversation once in a while.

As for making friends, aah. Me's not to good at doing that. From what I've been told, I usually come off as not caring or uninterested at first (always saying "Mhmm", "Okay", "'Aye", "Cool", or "Ye" to a lengthy reply). I cannot help this because I am just answering the main topic of the reply, as sometimes many people (including myself) go off into tangents. This carries off into other, shorter, replies.
If one, a stranger rather, were to approach me, I would and will be hesitant at first to speak with them. It's just my shyness at its best, I suppose. I can also come off as an anxious wreck, too.
.//shrugs I am not skilled at conversing, that's all. I travel alone, aha.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 06:40:01 am »
Slightly harder.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"