Author Topic: Old Maps and Memories  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Old Maps and Memories
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:23:41 pm »
Ello again everyone.
Lately there's been a lot of negativity towards the new maps from those who miss the old maps. I'm sure that most of the community also misses the old maps. However, instead of those of you who are unhappy hating on the new maps and all the hard work that the staff put into them, why not share some pleasant memories of the old ones? Old member, new member, pro-update, anti-update, why not come together and share some memories?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Old Maps and Memories
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 03:38:37 pm »
Ah yes, great idea! Let's stop the fighting.

I have a lot of memories with the old maps, but I'll only tell a few. One for each map. So, if you want to read all of them, click the spoiler ;3

Bonfire. Ah, lovely place, full of people and roleplays. That was where I first went in the game, cause I didn't know of Fluorite. That was where I first learned how roleplaying works in the game, even though I was already a literate roleplayer back when. I met a few people, talked with them, and made some friends, though I didn't add anyone to my Friends list at that time.

Ficho Tunnel. Ah, I remember when I saw two people playing as Sans and Papyrus from Undertale... That was fun, and I met some cool people then. This was about a month ago, I think.

Flourite Plains. There have been so many memories here I can't even count them. This was my hangout place before the update. This is where I met people like OutOfBreath, Shurtle, all those people. It's also where a few of my music videos were located, but I already used up my one memory.

Atlantis. My first ever roleplay was hosted here. It was a fish roleplay with three other people. I was the type of fish Dory from Finding Nemo was. Ah, good times. Sadly I crashed, and I never saw those people again.

Ascension Island. Ah yes, the parkour madness map. I used to spend so much time trying to climb it, but now I can climb it without falling. It was there me and my not game friend spent a lot of time.

South Pole. Winter wonderland. I used to go here and explore the map, as well as watch the people around. I didn't do much, sadly, but it's still memorable.

As for Lonely Cave... You have no idea how many music videos I made there when I didn't want to go into a public map.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 03:53:28 pm »
I agree with you. I remember in Bonfire where I would do lots of lion king roleplays and join dance lines. For southpole I would just sit there and relax, and talk to my friends. Fluorite plains, I remember when I use to do so much roleplays with different types of groups. I know there are other maps, but these are the main ones I had more memories on.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:13:02 pm »
Bonfire was my home for so long.

I would fly around on my valentine colored black lioness, trying to get into the Pridelands, I'd roleplay as hyenas there, and I would just in general run around and have fun.
I even met a Unicorn there once(//waves to Lady Alizarin//) on my Huldra character.

Ficho was a very cool place to me, and it's where I met a lot of cool people, and was one of the few places I could be a giant flaming angel and a xenomorph without looking like the odd one out.
I remember having to scale that waterfall........
that was never fun.

Fluorite is where I spent a lot of my time, I remember running around Stone Bridge, chasing and being chased by friends, I remember hanging out on the old Mod rock one time with Shurtle and Sura, recruiting at stone bridge and having a small army of warrior cats sitting behind me, the petty fights over... sticks or something. And journeying to Temple of Dreams to get married to a zombie.

I didn't spend much time in Cape, but I do remember I was a coca cola sofa there once.
That was cool.
I had a mermaid roleplay with an otter in Atlantis, I was a sabrecat or something, or, a ghost, at South Pole, for FHORD I think.
and i remember having a hyena clan at last cave.
that was weird.

I spent a lot of time when I was a weab at AI, just doodling around and talking with character from Hetalia, and in Sky's Rim, I just. I was a dragon.
No questions need be asked.

I will eternally miss the old FH, as there are so many fond memories I have there with friends of mine(like when me and Berothien journeyed across Fluorite to discover where all the animals had gone... -wink-), and although the new update is pretty looking, I don't think I'll ever stop being nostalgic for the old ways.

The new players I don't really think will ever know the kind of things we had back then, but, we can always make new memories with this new update.
There is so much new and cool stuff, that I think we will at least put aside our Nostalgic Sadness, and carry on like we always have.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:53:02 pm »
I love this c:

Where do I even begin? Hmm...

I guess most of my memories or even when it all began for me will have to be at the Plains.
I joined my first roleplay group, saw a lot of interesting floofs and their backs...and even made my first few friends there ( sadly, they don't play anymore I believe ), but that's okej, I made some more friendly friends on here anyways ^.^

My next memory will have to be...Sky's Rim. That's where I met someone who I never thought I was going be friends with, but it happened. c: Someone recommended that I follow them on DA , I saw their art and very soon, we shared pieces and helped each other out...Now...we're inseparable, a Team BD
I also loved the way it was set up too. Being up in the sky like that, it was interesting and fun ^.^

Last Cave / Atlantis / South Pole would be next. The interesting conversations, where the other group I joined before the leader went MIA was where we normally role played and I had a blast at those places. Last cave was so calm and peaceful and the revamped Lonely Cave is sort of like the Last Cave for me with the calmness and quiet..

Now Temple, ah yes Temple. I took that place for granted. I wish I could've visit the place a lot more because I absolutely loved hanging out there and just sitting on the top of the pillars as me and some of my friends ran around and goofed off there. Having a few roleplay sessions there and then having a small obstacle course race and all of that. The layout was peaceful and beautiful I'll say c:

Lastly Bonfire.
Oooooh the many things that would go down at bonfire made me stick around and just smile and laugh a bit. The conversations was 'beautiful' and there was a lot of dancing lines ( Still have screenshots of some ) and it was just fun ^^

And now thinking about it now, can't help but smile from all of this. Makes me want to go through my screenshots right now ( even though a lot of them were deleted because of the many times I had to reinstall FH ) but at least I still have the some and that's better than nothing ~

Thanks for making this c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline AuraSky20

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The queen of not knowing what to put here.
    • View Profile
    • AuraSky's Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 06:10:21 pm »
I first started with no one to play with... so I just sat on the pride rock of bonfire with my old chara called Dusk Moon, then met my first friend while climing assention island we went up it together.

for a while I was anti sotial in the game, I didn't talk much in, but then I disied to do something stupid... I started a group for my first rp called lykofos pride... with no expirince in the rp world of fh.... I was weird

then I joined another rp a wc rp called fallenoakclan and now that's what I'm mainly on, though lykofos is still active.

and yeah those are some of my bigger memories and... they arnt a lot I know but I was kind of anti sotal in the beginning so...

I really wish for a parquore map to come back... I miss AI
"You can be childlike without being childish. A child always wants to have fun. Ask yourself, 'Am I having fun?'" -Christopher Meloni

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 08:23:25 pm »
Aye, nice topic. Good to see you bring in positivity over this subject.

I have plenty of memories from the old maps. I guess I'll share a few.

I remember how many prides and packs that I joined in Fluoride Plains. I didn't know how to roleplay, but spending so much time with those groups improved my skills at a very fast rate. Everyone was very sweet, and I made some really good friends through those roleplays. I remember I left this game for a long while, and when I finally came back on, one of my best friends whispered me and was freaking out because they thought something happened to me. They missed me a lot, and it made me feel so important that I almost started crying. :")
I also remember how many prides/packs I made myself. I had a stray dog roleplay in FP, with quite a lot of members. I remember it so clearly. I remember exactly where we hung out. So much nostalgia goes on when I go hang there.
Another thing is in Bonfire, the amount of friends I made, but especially this one. They were my best, and first, online friend. We spent every day together. We took an enormous amount of screenshots, but after having my computer fixed so many times and reinstalling this game on numerous occasions, they are deleted now. I still miss them to this day.
That brings me to Ficho Tunnels. I remember sitting at the top of the tunnels (when you run to the wall and hit print screen and it glitches you up there) just chilling and having fun.
Finally, in Bonfire, I will never forget the dance lines, mate centers, etc. Although they will still happen within the new maps, the way it was in Bonfire will be genuine to its own.

I could ramble on and on, and sorry about how jumbled this is, but there's just too many memories. Ahh.

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 10:37:12 pm »
This is a very nice thing for you to do! ^^

But I hold a ton of memories over the last couple of years after starting FeralHeart. I will always remember my first day. I couldn't get the controls to work right and I ended up slamming myself into South Pole. I saw the snow and I was like "Well this sucks..." (Had to make a Madagascar reference there, it was actually great) Then running around and joining my first lion pride in Fluorite Plains. And then sitting and watching the goofy people on Bonfire. And then after my recent comeback, all the friends I made in Ficho. Starting up our own Undertale rp there. I'll never forget it. xD

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 10:42:31 pm »
So many nostalgic threads lately, aha. I like it!

I have a lot of memories within this lil silly game, some good and some bad - but of course I will only speak of the good times. I'd bore you with the bad, heh.

Let's see, Bonfire Island. So many times I acted like my character had just washed-up on the shore, hurt and injured badly. I was a bit of an over-dramatic roleplayer at the time, so I always did something like that. It was funny, actually. Sometimes a kind person would offer help and other times a person would be rather rude OOC (didn't know what OOC was at the time, but now I realize that). More recently (the end of last year, when I was still a bit active within the game, tsk tsk) though, I would go into Bonfire to search for other Hetalia fans. Which, I did not know the "Hetalia hub" was in Ascension sadly. I was excited when I found other people with my likeness for the GerIta ship (which, I used to have a mate for lil Italy APH but I haven't been on in so long) and some with the USUK ship. I enjoyed their company. I even remember the time (mature warning, okay?) my character, Italy, and Germany's brother, Prussia, got drunk and started dancing (buttswinging) in Germany's face. It made me laugh a whole bunch! Then, of course when Germany and Italy were cuddling in Sky's Rim atop the highest floating island. That was sweet.

Hmm, Ficho Tunnels? Ohh, haha. I remember that Prt Sc method of getting atop of the walls. I had plenty of Hetalia roleplays there as well. I remember the time where I was America, and I had an Enlgand lion-pal and we fought (playfully) over why England's scones were gross. This led to England forcing America to eat the scones he made! I never actually roleplayed out the USUK ship like I did with GerIta, but I hope to do that one day in the near future. What other things happened in Ficho? Nothing that exciting as I would just lay round the small pool of water with the single, large crystal in it. I would wait for people to talk to me, tbh.

I honestly don't have many memories about Fluorite other than I held a few 1x1 roleplays and participated in some groups. These groups usually failed with keeping me interested, though.

Cape of Distant Worlds? Where I figured out what presets were, joined the TEC group (wasn't really active in the group, sadly), and figured out why some characters appeared as marshmallows (b/c of presets). I always managed to fall off the rock of cape in the beginning, mostly because I wasn't avid in controlling my character.  I would always fall off, and this was before FH had wings and the E-dash button so you needed to slowly swim around and back onto the cape. Good times, aha.

Well, there are my little tidbits about the game. I couldn't remember all of them, but there were a few that stuck out. May there be many, many more memories to be made!
Lovely topic, yet again, Scuttlebutt.

Cheers,
`Wolfie A. Okami
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 01:45:01 am »
These are some lovely memories.

Mine would have to be:

I remember my finest Flourite Plains memory would have to be when I first met and began talking to my Rad Goats. I saw them both on the rocks, talking, and me being the stupid lil' bean I was, sent them both friend requests and we "derped" like any 12 year olds would have. We clicked pretty quickly, and we became ostriches, and demons, and Daughter Simba, and just had a great time. I didn't even realize that they would become my best friends. <3

Bonfire was a bit more plain, as I never really went there too much. I did, however, have my first ever FH roleplay there, and I learned a lot about the ways of the game. My old 'sona, Astuzia, was roleplaying with some horses and it was oddly fun.

Southpole was a lot of nice memories. I remember I had many fluffpiles with some old friends who are now inactive. I miss those.

In Ficho, a long time ago, I wreaked havoc and brought on the Car Apocalypse. I also served my Chicken God Betsy and assimilated groups of fandom roleplayers into the elite Chickenite culture.

Atlantis and LastCave were mostly just full of pleasant chats with my Goats. Same thing with Sky's Rim and Ascension.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya