Author Topic: Old Maps and Memories  (Read 5575 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Old Maps and Memories
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 02:28:26 am »
Oh man, I've been on here for such a long time. I recognize every inch of the old maps like the back of my hand.~

Bonfire was the first map I've been too, and it definitely has some iconic parts to it. TLK roleplayers near the cave, mate/adoption centers in the middle, and the exotic animal roleplayers on the outer edges. It created such a community, that usually never got along. xD You'd find the youngest roleplayers here, but some rude snotty people came in to this map to be jerks. I'm pretty indifferent about Bonfire, but it still holds many memories.

Ficho Tunnel was a gem. First, I never got it's name and called it "Fincho" for the longest time because I can't read. Fandom roleplayers were a-plenty here, FNAF, Homestuck, Undertale, whatever was popular at the time. I remember getting lost in this map a bunch of times when I first started, and always having trouble getting up that darn waterfall!

Now Fluorite Plains is the biggest memory holder. I will always remember the specific places such as the "Z", "plus", "L island", etc. There was so many iconic places for roleplay spots, for different kinds of rp types too. For example the Forestclan (Warriors) roleplay I was in by the Y river. It was a sub par experience but it was the longest group I was in. I still have my kitten Stormfeather and I'm thinking of remaking her and using her again. Stone Bridge was my favorite place after General was removed. I had so many funny moments on that bridge. Another nice memory is sitting around chatting and arguing on General, but that's now still gone. lol grrrrrr

That island where you jump on a bunch of rocks spontaneously to get to the top (forgot the name) was one of my favorite maps, because of the activity of course. I mastered it so easily and I loved helping people. I remember that there was a group of Hetalia characters every time I got into that map. Is the map still in game, or at least a remake of it? I haven't explored enough yet.

Sky's Rim had fantasy roleplayers, South Pole had it's beauty and the "twerkline" I made a while back, and Last Cave had it's creepy glitches. Not much to say about Lonely Cave though, except it confused me the first time it was added.

Sigh, I'm getting nostalgic. I wish I came back earlier so I could play the original before the patch but life got in the way.
However, I love all the new maps so far! This game honestly needed a change of some sort, it's been 4 lonely years. I'll never forget all the friends I made in these maps that are now all inactive. I wish I could just contact them now and say "HEY! FeralHeart just had a big update!". They'll probably not remember me though because it's been so long.

Offline Noivern

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • gay rights
    • cannon-fire-pearl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 03:35:43 pm »
The earliest memory I have of FeralHeart is joining a pride of lions in Fluorite Plains in November 2013. There were 10 (or so?) lions- 3 males and the rest were females. My character was a young male, and despite being only 12 years old and probably "illiterate" by most people's standards at the time, everyone else in the pride was super kind to me and made me feel welcome. Although the RP didn't last long (2-3 weeks?), I stuck around the friends I'd made for many months afterwards. Although I've lost contact with them, I still feel grateful that I met them.

I roleplayed a lot in various lion prides, usually with the same character since they never lasted very long. At the time, Fluorite Plains wasn't as laggy (for me anyways) as it would become in later years, and I spent the vast majority of my time there. After a time, I moved on to different kinds of RPs (foxes, cheetahs, dragons, wolves, etc.) in various maps. But Fluorite remained my "home" for a long time.

After Fluorite became too laggy for me, I moved onto Ascension Island. Up until the update, this was the place where I spent most of my time. On February 6th, 2014, while sitting at the very top of AI, I met two of my closest friends to this day. We stayed up virtually all night on FeralHeart, and then sent each other friend requests on Skype. Through thick and thin, they've been there for me and without FeralHeart I never would've found them. AI is definitely what I miss the most, but I'm still excited for all the new memories we'll make in the new maps. <3
hi:)

Offline Pearbear

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • shout-out to all the pears
    • pear-the-bear.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 03:53:53 pm »
February, 2012; I had a neon orange wolf with brown striped legs, & fading stripes on her tail. I remember I was running around like an idiot, because I was such a noob. :D I found a wolf pack & I asked to join them but then they left me behind on the island where Cape used to be. I got lost, because I didn't really know how the game worked yet. It was my first day!
So, after about 5 minutes of asking where they were, & asking someone to "Come get me please!", & being ignored, I left the group & looked for a new one.

The next group I found... Oh man. They were amazing, & I still have fond memories of them. They lasted about 2 months after I joined, before the leader of the pack just kind of stopped coming online, which sucked. But I remember I had made friends with this other wolf named 'Angel' & we were two peas in a pod!
It was kind of funny, in hindsight.
I was role-playing one time with my new pack & my old pack ended up finding them & trying to 'kill' them. They had some black lion with them, helping them, too. I have no clue what was going on there, hahaha.
I remember we hid the rest of the day in some cave. ::) Darn those evil wolves & that one random lion.
Although, even hiding in the cave with my pack was fun for me.

I'll really miss the old Feral-Heart, but, at the same time, I love the new update. You can't deny that it does, visually, appear better, really. It's a bit more crowded with objects, & it makes me lag quite a bit more, but I still am so in love with it. I love how it actually looks like landscapes now. The old maps were nice, & I will miss the memories with them, but let's face it; we kind of needed an update, & after about 4 YEARS (I feel old) of the old maps, I don't think people should look down their noses at the new ones. :D
Signature by myself. In-game user is Pearbear
http://pear-the-bear.deviantart.com/

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 07:06:01 pm »
These are s'more lovely memories. <3

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline moonlightocean6

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • 3XKawaiiwolfX3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 05:23:57 pm »
it makes me sad that i could no longer visit fluorite plains, temple of dreams, sky's rim, and ascension island. ): i miss them...
~Undertale is beast

Offline EWSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • EWSpirit
    • EWSpirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 02:58:36 am »
I remember spending most of my time in Fluorite Plains. I joined my first roleplay group there, a pride of lions. I created a lioness character just for that group because it was so massive. I based her off of Nala from TLK a little color wise, but she eventually she eveolved into her own character. I still use her today. That group was also where I made my first friend, but they're never online anymore. Some other stuff I used to do there was sit around as my 'chill out and talk' character at the stone bridge, watching advertisements seeing if there was a group I would be interested in.

I would also sit around near the portal to the Cape as a warrior cat, again watching movies and advertisements and eventually joining a really cool group. I played with them in a custom map all of last summer, but because of staff issues it shut down. That was my favorite group so far, and I have yet to find another warrior cat group like it.

I didn't spend much time on Bonfire, but when I was there it was to test out a sparkle character, because then I wouldn't seem too flashy or crazy, I would just be one of them for a while.

In Ficho Tunnel, that was basically my 'main route' to FP. I remember seeing loads of FNAF roleplays there. o.o

I was very rarely in the arctic area (see I can't even remember the name lol) but the first day I got FH I went into there first thing, and promptly got lost. I figured that was the whole world, and was so confused about why I saw people's screenshots in Savannah type areas. Then I found Atlantis, and got lost again. Then I went back to Ficho Tunnels and was much less confused. :P

Anyways, all in all I had many amazing experiences in the old FeralHeart maps. They were where I discovered my character style, roleplay style, and friends. I will miss them, but I know that all of those memories I got there can be added to in the new maps. I'm excited to play some more and rediscover shortcuts, portals, and friends :)

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 03:17:53 am »
Hmm, my best memory of the older maps would have to be the great run-ins I had at Stone Bridge. Loved that place. <3 But one thing that I think stood out to me the most was my scouting missions across Fluorite that I'd be sent on in RP. It was so exciting to explore and figure out where all the packs/pride/clans resided and almost in a way, create a territory map. And boy is a scouting character fun to play as <3
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 05:39:11 am »
Most of my memories are from Fluorite Plains last summer. Joined a random wolf pack RP (that someone asked me to join) that only lasted a few days before going inactive, and then I joined Unchained.

And one time while sitting at the Stone Bridge I was talking about memes with a bunch of people for some reason.

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline white bird

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • There is no life in the void, only death (Sauron)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 09:12:48 am »
Oh hell, I miss those old maps too.Especially Sky's Rim.What a beautiful place it was.I met many people who are my closest friends in game rn.Those memories will never fade away.

-Baby you are no good,think I fell for you,I fell for you.-
-A choice with no regrets-Levi <3

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 02:17:36 pm »
I remember i lagged on fluorite and i jumped 5 FH meters in the air lol
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0