Author Topic: Crude, Rude, Or just mean? Or a angel  (Read 4650 times)

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
Re: Crude, Rude, Or just mean? Or a angel
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 05:05:44 pm »
I'm sorry that happened to you. Attention seeking individuals like them should just be blocked and forgotten. To give them any sort of a reaction will just fuel them to keep acting like that. Hopefully you screenshotted the conversation and reported it to a staff member so it could be taken care of.

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 08:59:57 pm »
This is just..horrendous. People like this really sadden me. Can't believe someone would just get a kick out of making such lighthearted jokes about it...

Offline Raddlegoose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 09:37:17 pm »
  This guy's a jerk. You were in the right to block him, suicide and depression are two things that should not be joked about.

Offline RenegadeRaptor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • The Wiccan Wolf
    • http://reccewolf.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 04:11:28 pm »
That was not an okay thing to do, Joking about such things. I have it as well and people shouldn't joke about anything that is too personal.

~Recce~

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 04:20:13 pm »
Nobody should joke about something of the sort, it's not something that should be taken lightly. That person clearly has no respect for others. I am sorry you had to go through that, I'm glad someone stood up for you and you both blocked them.

I'm sure if you took a screenshot of it and got their username and such as well as what they said and reported it to a staff member, they would have done something about it.

People like this just disappoint me.
artwork by dehvina

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 07:52:53 pm »
Even in a game that's very inappropriate. People call these things offensive humor and that's exactly what it is, offensive, some people might find it funny, however others who have had connections with the types of bad things will be very offended by it. I find it to be a very immature thing to do and humor like that is best left to you and personal family members, not anyone else. I'm sorry you had to witness something of that nature, some people are just inconsiderate and haven't been raised right.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 08:00:46 pm »
From my own personal experience, depression has no connection to humor, not in my dictionary, nor brain. That person who made the jokes paralleling people with cancer or depression is called disrespect, carelessness and immaturity. It's a good thing you blocked him, his mistake lies on his hands now to fix. Although that person protected you, still be cautious but be open and friendly. By that, I mean you should take care by how close you get as friends, because no one knows what the future might hold and what he/she can do to you. But, it's a very thoughtful thing that's done.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 08:33:19 pm »
I too have a dark sense of humor and make jokes about stuff like that
only around CLOSE FRIENDS - and people who are OKAY with it.
(and I'm diagnosed with severe depression)
But I can take jokes
I never would say that stuff around people who get hurt by things like that or random people
because you never know.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:34:56 pm by Zircon »

Offline Kryvul

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • http://kryvul.deviantart.com/
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 06:39:01 am »
If I must be late to the party, simply due to me just now getting back to the forums, I have to say this:

None of this is okay. In fact, it is pretty much reportable for such behavior displayed by this person. It is right to block, but for the sake of other people, yes reporting is your best method

I'm one of those people who value the strength of the people they make fun of, they are strong and are living through so much.
So yes, to all of you who are surviving your suffering from what ever plagues over you, I am proud of you. I mean that in the most sincerest way possible. You all deserve the proper lives you deserve.

The "dark humor" displayed by people now a days is not okay. I don't even care if you want to argue that "that's just how it is" it's not okay, period, and should be shunned and frowned upon openly. None of it is funny. Not a single bit.

Signature and profile (C) Bawfle
Check out her work here: http://bawfle.deviantart.com/

Offline Kalaban

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • #TooLazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 03:20:54 pm »
I have suffered through a lot, and yet I still only usually laugh via my dark humor. I never do so unless I am in the privacy of my own home, in my own room. Dark humor is bad for some people who openly share it, yes, but if it is a private thing with others who have it I think its' fine.

Being able to laugh at all your troubles is a gift from the gods, you get to laugh and cry out all those negative feelings and not bottle them up. So, it depends on the dark humor. The dark humor the original poster confronted was not a good version of it, and should be shunned. But, like I said before, it can be a good thing for victims.

*Tips hat and leaves.*
In-game Username: Kalaban