Author Topic: TERRAIN TEXTURE ISSUES.  (Read 1331 times)

Offline follaton

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • 𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙳 𝙼𝙸𝚁𝙰𝙲𝙻𝙴
    • flltn
    • channel/UCA457bb2eQf6wSoqIJDQvvg
    • flltn
    • @shaniabvrns
    • View Profile
TERRAIN TEXTURE ISSUES.
« on: June 17, 2016, 05:19:44 pm »
i've been having texture issues in FH for... well over two years, honestly.
i remember coming to the forums with the same issue once upon a time, but i don't believe i got an answer to what was wrong.

so.

the problem is: i can't see textures. specifically, terrain textures. not as they're supposed to be seen, anyway.
everything is african_grass.jpg. terrain masks are meaningless, because no matter what terrain texture is applied, it's always african_grass.jpg. it's worth mentioning that i've had FH installed on this laptop (albeit i've uninstalled and reinstalled countless times, because of losing interest and promptly regaining it) for at least three years, and at the beginning, this wasn't a problem for me. i haven't changed my hardware (apart from my operating system; i don't think that'd have too much effect. i've tried compatibility modes, to be sure) and i can't exactly pinpoint any specific FH update that caused this problem to arise. i've had this problem for a while and it's been carried on into 1.15 it seems.

here's a couple of screenshots of Seaside Grove to show you what i'm talking about here.

[ x ]  [ x ]

it wouldn't bother me too much but it just looks... unsightly, to say the least. i used to have quite the interest in map-making but since this... occurence... i've sort of been deterred.

so, does anyone know what's up? Monitor-1-Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family is my rendering device, if it means anything. i'm running windows 8.1.

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
Re: TERRAIN TEXTURE ISSUES.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:31:40 pm »
The 945 chip sets are really really old... not even supported 8.1 not sure how 8.1 got on your computer... The 945s were released in 2005. Last driver for them was 2009 supporting up to windows 7.

Its not really surprising your having issues...
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline follaton

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • 𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙳 𝙼𝙸𝚁𝙰𝙲𝙻𝙴
    • flltn
    • channel/UCA457bb2eQf6wSoqIJDQvvg
    • flltn
    • @shaniabvrns
    • View Profile
Re: TERRAIN TEXTURE ISSUES.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 08:49:53 pm »
The 945 chip sets are really really old... not even supported 8.1 not sure how 8.1 got on your computer... The 945s were released in 2005. Last driver for them was 2009 supporting up to windows 7.

Its not really surprising your having issues...

...oh. well then.
that explains a lot.
i probably should've researched that first, honestly. thanks, though!