Author Topic: failed to connect to map server, among other issues  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
failed to connect to map server, among other issues
« on: June 20, 2016, 09:52:15 am »
It's getting pretty frustrating now, but every so often I'll be on FH, and get a 'failed to connect to map server' message.
This doesn't happen when going through portals, just randomly.

After I get this message, I'll send the character home and open the game up again. I'll get to the character selection screen, select my character -- and sometimes it'll let me in, other times it crashes. And just now, it has been making my character go invisible before crashing on me.

I've been through the help threads and found nothing that's helped me, or been the same issue as I'm having.

Things I've tried:
- checking for duplicates in the particles files
- sending the character home/resetting their home (allows me to get back on the character without crashes, but it doesn't solve the map server error)
- using different rendering subsystems

Resetting the home is the only 'solution' I have so far; it lets me play the game for a bit before I have to do it again (maybe about an hour). BUT it means having to run my character all the way back to the map it was in when I was roleplaying, and most often I have no way of telling people this is what's happened and why I've disappeared until I get back to them; and by that point, they're already gone.

ArcticGalaxy

Re: failed to connect to map server, among other issues
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 10:01:32 am »
Maybe try resetting your router? Could be your internet causing the issue...if not, you may need to reinstall. I don't really know, can't say I've come across this issue before, but these are just my suggestions, so sorry if they don't work. ^^'

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 10:03:00 am »
Make sure your antivirus is allowing FH through and that it isn't eating / deleting any important files.

Another thing you could try is doing a fresh download   installation.

Try restarting your router and try logging into the login tab with a cellular device or try a different browser altogether. If possible, try switching WiFi / internet and we if the problem persists.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline DraconiaHeart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm a lover not a fighter
    • Draconia-Heart
    • freya-amoura
    • View Profile
    • Commission Site
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 12:02:06 pm »
I have to admit I have never encountered this issue myself..
*Knocks on wood*

I would suggest the same as the other two above me when it comes to Un-installing the current FH you have now, and attempting to re-install it once more. That might help solve your issue. For all you know your download could have had a minor glitch happen in it causing you all this current grief.

Username: Draconiaheart

Siggy: Deerlynngs

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 02:01:14 pm »
Tried reinstalling the game, made no difference.
I made a new character, and it seemed to be working fine again; but a couple hours later, I'm having the same issue as before. :C

I have no antivirus installed, so that can't be interfering.

Will try resetting my router. that didn't work either.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:35:14 pm by Painful »

Offline DraconiaHeart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm a lover not a fighter
    • Draconia-Heart
    • freya-amoura
    • View Profile
    • Commission Site
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 03:07:32 pm »
This issue seems to wish to be a giant thorn in your rear love
Hmm...if this issue persists a bit longer, and other users don't seem to have solutions to help you out try contacting a Staff member love. I know for sure they might be able to assist you. ^^

Username: Draconiaheart

Siggy: Deerlynngs

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 06:52:58 pm »
Is your internet strong?
Make sure you have nothing else running in the background. Another thing you could try, is changing the settings in your game.

1) Turn Water reflections Off.
2) Turn the distance down to 0.

Also, simply try switching browser's ( Since I didn't see you do that ) and clear all your cookies / cache.
Check your CPU in the control settings. If it's in the red - orange then you have a lot of things running and it's taking a toll.
Lastly, I suggest redownloading the game and this time trying the light version. It'll be less detailed, not that many textures and it could lighten the load for your computer if it can't handle the full version.

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 02:49:21 am »
CPU usage never exceeds 25% when FH is running alongside other programs.
I've tried both Chrome and Firefox, both with cleared cookies/cache, and end up with the same result.

My computer has really high specs including a GTX 980 graphics card, so I doubt that the light version is necessary.

Perhaps it could be my internet, though. It's reliable the majority of the time, but perhaps slight drops in mbp/s affect the connection with FH? My internet has never cut completely when I encounter these problems, but I guess it could still be a reason.

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 02:54:52 am »
Oh ja, that could also be a factor. It might go through for a bit and stay like that...but over time it might decrease in speed and along with speed, the performance causing you to get kicked off even though it will stay up and running.