Author Topic: Need Very Special Music Tutorial!  (Read 4052 times)

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
Need Very Special Music Tutorial!
« on: June 27, 2016, 10:01:57 pm »
I vould like to apply music in a very special vay:
I vant de game to play diff'rent music f'r each map.
Does anyvone no'hov to do dis?
Thanks,
Lando
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Need Very Special Music Tutorial!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:28:10 pm »
This might belong in game help, since you are not specifically requesting that someone make you a mod, aye?

Butttt, Do you mean that you want to switch out the music that plays in game in the official game maps? If so, you'll need to replace the files in the FeralHeart>>Media>>Music with the .MP3 files of the new songs you want in there. Then you'll have to go back into your Feral Heart folder and open the Music.CFG file with notepad, and edit the names of the .mp3s listed there according to the names of the .mp3s you replaced in the music folder.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
    • KazeoLion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:42:03 pm »
This might belong in game help, since you are not specifically requesting that someone make you a mod, aye?

Butttt, Do you mean that you want to switch out the music that plays in game in the official game maps? If so, you'll need to replace the files in the FeralHeart>>Media>>Music with the .MP3 files of the new songs you want in there. Then you'll have to go back into your Feral Heart folder and open the Music.CFG file with notepad, and edit the names of the .mp3s listed there according to the names of the .mp3s you replaced in the music folder.

No, silly. I vant a diff'rent song to play f'r each map >w<
Meow.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 10:57:56 pm »

Aye, that would be the way you do so, if I'm understanding correctly. So when you walk into the ground for example, something other than the original music plays there?
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
    • KazeoLion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 11:31:42 pm »

Aye, that would be the way you do so, if I'm understanding correctly. So when you walk into the ground for example, something other than the original music plays there?

Yez. I vould like it so den vhen you valk in from Lonely Cave to De Grounds, f'r example, de music changes no matt'r vhat maps you exit or ent'r. Also, a specific song plays on each map.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:33:31 pm by PeaceLoveAndDoge »
Meow.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 11:55:35 pm »
Well, each map has its own specific song, and only one song can play per map. So if you want to change those specific songs, you'll have to use the method I provided in my first post. If it becomes tricky for you, I can provide images to further explain how to do it c:

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 08:52:06 am »
Well, each map has its own specific song, and only one song can play per map. So if you want to change those specific songs, you'll have to use the method I provided in my first post. If it becomes tricky for you, I can provide images to further explain how to do it c:
What?  Mine play in sequence on the playlist but have different playlist for the caves.  What does your config' look like?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Tailgate

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • no longer active
    • spxcepirate
    • 887Horse
    • cassiopirate
    • birb4
    • yllsa_
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 01:11:35 pm »
I believe different music for each map will take some editing of the maps themselves, because maps are exported with a selected playlist already (I believe - don't take my word for it). However, you are able to change the music in the playlist to suit your needs. So specific songs play in plains (not caves) vs caves, you can open up your FeralHeart folder and then open music.cfg. It's rather obvious which is which.

To play any specific song, put your file in FeralHeart > Media > Music (it can be anywhere in the FH folder but the music folder keeps it organized). Since the file is in your music folder, you'd make a new line under wherever you want the music to play and write "media/music/example.mp3" without the quotes, of course.
I think you're mistaken, Kynvuu, unless you have a music mod? o:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:16:45 pm by Tailgate »

If you want to contact me, I am most likely to respond on DA!

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 01:35:24 pm »
I believe different music for each map will take some editing of the maps themselves, because maps are exported with a selected playlist already (I believe - don't take my word for it). However, you are able to change the music in the playlist to suit your needs. So specific songs play in plains (not caves) vs caves, you can open up your FeralHeart folder and then open music.cfg. It's rather obvious which is which.

To play any specific song, put your file in FeralHeart > Media > Music (it can be anywhere in the FH folder but the music folder keeps it organized). Since the file is in your music folder, you'd make a new line under wherever you want the music to play and write "media/music/example.mp3" without the quotes, of course.
I think you're mistaken, Kynvuu, unless you have a music mod? o:

Aye, the method you just described was what I described in my first post, except with replacing the original files as it seems the original music is not wanted. I think you just did a better job of clarifying that two songs cannot play in sequence in one map, since there is a loop function to the song that happens to play in said map. xD What I meant by each map has its specific song is that there's a song on the playlist that's assigned to the map once in game according to whether a plains or a cave map. Sorry for any confusion!

Offline Tailgate

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • no longer active
    • spxcepirate
    • 887Horse
    • cassiopirate
    • birb4
    • yllsa_
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 02:17:54 pm »
I think you just did a better job of clarifying that two songs cannot play in sequence in one map, since there is a loop function to the song that happens to play in said map. xD What I meant by each map has its specific song is that there's a song on the playlist that's assigned to the map once in game according to whether a plains or a cave map. Sorry for any confusion!
No no ;0; There is a select playlist for maps, each with multiple songs in them; there isn't one single song that loops over and over. It's like listening to a music playlist on repeat. All songs will play and then it'll repeat.
These playlists, as we have them in public maps, aren't specific to one place/map only.

If you want to contact me, I am most likely to respond on DA!