Author Topic: UNLIMITED BIO SPACE  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Dawnstorm

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • wow
    • View Profile
UNLIMITED BIO SPACE
« on: July 01, 2016, 07:00:59 am »
Hey, so, I'm one of those people who make over-complicated bios...'cause I have over-complicated characters. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this situation haha

It's just annoying how limiting the bio spaces are. Think of how amazing it would be if the bios had UNLIMITED space..or, at least much more space than it does now. People like me who enjoy elaborating on their characters and telling their character's stories would greatly benefit from this. Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem that difficult of a task and could be possible to add to the game??

Woah-oh-oh
Heaven let your light shine down
Characters
Meeikou - Wildcat/Demon Beast - Loner
Kuvahsiin - Spirit God/Reaper - Rogue
Aetherstar - Lynx - Leader of CryptClan
Eddie - Housecat/Ghoul - Loner

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: UNLIMITED BIO SPACE
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 07:16:47 am »
Sadly, as we do not have access to the source code, this would be impossible to add to the game. I do think this is a lovely idea however, as unlimited bio space would be super useful and benefit a lot of people. Making unlimited group bios would be really handy as well, as the group bio space is even more limited than the character bio.

If you do want to post more about your characters you could always try posting on the Characters Board, but I understand it's not as convenient as writing in the bio space where anyone ingame can easily read it. This is a nice idea, though!

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 07:22:13 am »
I think this sounds like a great idea. Maybe it would get considered in the future.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 07:57:46 am »
If this was possible, I would absolutely love this idea. The bio limit is the bane of my existence. xD

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 12:37:52 pm »
Now, if I go waaay back into my old brain of mine a few years, I remember there being a ruckus over the group bio space being shortened. If I remember correctly it was in some way related to the levels of lag in each map. I'm not sure how, but there ya go.
Still, it would be lovely to have longer character and group bios x3

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 01:25:48 pm »
This is not the best idea in my opinion, and let me explain why.

The chance for spam bios would increase and they could just have never-ending bios that go down forever, and not to mention sometimes it's nicer to have much shorter, concise bios. We don't always need to know what your character's breath smells like in the morning, or about that one time they went for a stroll in the park.

Although a much larger space for bios would be nice, unlimited would be pushing it, and I don't think the game could handle that for long.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 02:50:24 pm »
I don't use bios much amymore, but I do remember being frustrated by the limited bio space. Especially in a group bio.

Agreeing with Warriorkitten though, I think just a little bit longer for both character and group bios would be nice, rather than unlimited bio space.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 03:13:25 pm »
If it was possible, I'd totally dig unlimited bio space. xD Though I'm not sure I would always use it, as I like my characters to be developed over time in RP, but it would still be nice to write out some detailed backstories c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 02:16:38 am »
This is not the best idea in my opinion, and let me explain why.

The chance for spam bios would increase and they could just have never-ending bios that go down forever, and not to mention sometimes it's nicer to have much shorter, concise bios. We don't always need to know what your character's breath smells like in the morning, or about that one time they went for a stroll in the park.

Although a much larger space for bios would be nice, unlimited would be pushing it, and I don't think the game could handle that for long.

I agree there, I know that a lot of people tend to troll as it is in their bios. Plus if it was unlimited people could keep adding onto it everyday and every time something happens to one of their characters. Personally I wouldn't want to read a really long bio, longer yes that would be perfectly fine, unlimited would be stretching it a bit.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 02:19:35 am »
Having more space to write bios for your characters would be wonderful. I know that there are many people out there who experience the issue of having their descriptions cut off or not having enough room to fully make the most of their bio space. I unfortunately am not quite sure if such a change is possible, as mentioned above, but I fully agree with you that having some extra space in that section would be nice.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.