Author Topic: Can I Never Play Again?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline herbalferbal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can I Never Play Again?
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:43:32 pm »
When I updated my Macbook Air to Yosemite and tried to open the FeralHeart application, I got this exact message;
"An error occurred while starting the X11 server:
"'Failed to activate core devices.' Click Quit to quit X11. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple."

I called Apple Support in hopes they could help me quickly resolve the issue with starting up the game, but they told me there was nothing they could do because it had something to do with the actual game and how it didn't update its software to meet the new qualifications or some shiz.
I was upset, because I've been on FH since 2013 and grown pretty attached to it. It would suck if there's no possible resolution to this issue that I would assume affects other players who have Macs.
Has anyone else faced this and overcame it?
I hope that this isn't the end of playing FeralHeart.  :'(

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Can I Never Play Again?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 12:58:27 pm »
I'm pretty sure newer versions will not allow FeralHeart to run on Macs, so you have to downgrade. However, I don't use Mac so I have no idea what version will allow it to run. Hope this clears some things up. ^^'

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 01:47:14 am »
Did you download it using the linux/mac download? If you didn't then that could be the issue, other than that it might be that it just doesn't work with that upgrade. Macs unfortunately aren't as easily accessible as windows are, meaning that macs push things more and try to block out more things unless they approve of them. (It's easier to access the inner workings of the computer from using windows than it is for macs) All I can really suggest is you try to download it again, in case something didn't download correctly, downgrade, or get a new windows computer. (Even notebooks work with Feral Heart and they aren't very expensive compared to others)

Also I might be wrong about this because of the context, but I think this would probably belong in the help thread. x3

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 02:15:09 am »
I will move this topic over to the Game Help board since this is not really a discussion. We currently do not have an updated Mac version of the patch available for download, but we are hoping to add a Mac download in the future. Hang in there. <3 Perhaps you have a Windows computer that you would be able to play on, in the meantime?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 03:53:13 am »
RETIRED.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 10:31:26 am »
Actually, there is a way to easily run FH after you've updated your Mac, without having to go back to your previous version.

1) Download porting kit.  http://portingkit.com/en/
2) Once download, open and install, all that good stuff
3) Go to the library tab and drag and drop Feralheart into it
4) Now instead of clicking the actual FH app icon, you can open it by clicking portingkit, then library, then feralheart and play.

Quote from: Grave Walker
It also works for other PC games that may not work anymore with the updated mac version, but that's besides the point.

Hope you will be able to play again soon!

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline .effervescence.

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • None
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 07:29:46 pm »
Ok I know A LOT about macs I have the newest Mac ( like yours) El Capitan you need to download wineskin and use your torrent I will give you the link to it it will help you a lot like it helped me I am using the update on my Mac trust me it's not a issue its just that Apple doesn't know the application you are trying to download. Anyways here's the http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=56011.0