Author Topic: Corruption of in-game system files. -please lock <3-  (Read 1133 times)

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
Corruption of in-game system files. -please lock <3-
« on: July 02, 2016, 02:16:42 pm »
I've noticed recently and it has been a great amount of trouble for me and a friend of mine:

We've had our in-game system files (Mainly .DLL and other Clients in game) corrupted or go missing off of our computers; this has only been a problem since the new update. The files that go missing are irrKlang.dll, libOIS.dll and OgreMain.dll

What's most odd about this is that the game doesn't present any problems and works completely fine for X amount of days. (Usually around 6-10) So I can't seem to understand how these files are becoming corrupt or "Missing" The usual events that have lead up to this are nothing more than what you would consider from a usual feral heart user. I don't tamper with files and I've never created anything (regarding modifications) that could have effect on these files. they are simply corrupting on their own.

I also had recent troubles with the particles folder: Where on downloading particles and placing them into the particles folder, no duplicates become visible (even when showing hidden folders) however the game refuses to work. However on the other hand if I completely remove the particles folder it begins to work again. Strange isn't it? I can't see what's going on if I'm honest. Though I assume it has nothing to do with the game itself but more so my computer: My concern is, is that this only happens with Feral Heart: and when going to test other games (which is.. my usual day really despite work from home and teaching) this type of thing doesn't happen. I was wandering if I could perhaps have some kind of bug, or other program conflicting but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's puzzling.

But if anyone has any light to shed on this I'd be happy to listen ^^! Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:36:27 pm by GlaydrChyle »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Corruption of in-game system files.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 02:23:24 pm »
You may need to check your firewall. I've heard that they can sometimes go through and delete files they find harmful. But I have just heard this happening a few times so not really sure if this will help. ^^'

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:47:27 pm »
Well, first of all, do not download any .dll files from websites that offer them in an attempt to replace the corrupt ones. They're often not approved by the official .dll file developer and come packaged with viruses and malware.

Secondly, one thing is probably causing all of your .dll files to become corrupt or missing. It could be caused by a virus, malware, another program mistakenly delete the file or purposely delete the files (such as a firewall as ArcticGalaxy mentioned above).

Here are some solutions you can try:

1. Scan your pc, make sure there's no malware or viruses running around on there that you haven't noticed.

2. Uninstall and re-install FH (seems like an obvious solution but may not work if your .dll files are being corrupted by an outside source)

When you install software that uses the libois.dll dependency, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your DLL file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a "libois.dll not registered" error. Fortunately, you can use a built-in utility called "Microsoft Register Server" (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your libois.dll file.
How to re-register libois.dll from an elevated command prompt (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
Click the Start button.
Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
Click Yes.
Type the following command: regsvr32 /u libois.dll.
Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
Type the following command: regsvr32 /i libois.dll.
Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
Close the command prompt window.
Re-start the program associated with libois.dll error.

Repeat this step for your irrklang.dll and ogremain.dll

This may seem like an obvious or ridiculous step, but it is very possible that your libois.dll might have been accidentally deleted. Therefore, it is worth checking your Recycle Bin to see if it's there.
Simply double-click the Recycle Bin icon.
In the upper right-hand corner, search for libois.dll.
If libois.dll file appears in the search results, select it, and move it to the following directory:
Windows 95/98/Me = %SystemDiskRoot%\FeralHeart\
Windows NT/2000 = %SystemDiskRoot%\FeralHeart\
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = %SystemDiskRoot%\FeralHeart\
64-bit Windows = %SystemDiskRoot%\FeralHeart\
After moving your libois.dll file, restart your computer.

If none of these seem to work, lemme know and I'll look into it further.

You are amazing <3

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 03:35:50 pm »
Thank you! I'll try your fixes in the meantime: If this doesn't work I'll PM you or maybe a member of staff. Thank you as well @Arcticgalaxy. This can be locked now :)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption of in-game system files. -please lock <3-
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 03:38:58 pm »
Locking this.~
RETIRED.