Author Topic: Some objects in custom map not showing up in game  (Read 1108 times)

Offline EWSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • EWSpirit
    • EWSpirit
    • View Profile
Some objects in custom map not showing up in game
« on: July 04, 2016, 08:15:15 pm »
Hello! I have been making a map for the past couple of hours and just now decided to check it out in game. I have made maps before and done this, so I know all items/objects should show up. I just downloaded a forest mesh pack, and loving it I decided to use its trees for most of the map. Sadly though, when I take my character to the Cape and I go in the portal, none of the new trees are there! This happened with one or two bushes in my last map I made, but they showed up again after I exported it. I guess what I am wondering is will these trees show up after I export the map? I'm not done making it yet though.

Any help is appreciated :)

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
Re: Some objects in custom map not showing up in game
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 08:33:36 pm »
You should try exporting your map!
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
Re: Some objects in custom map not showing up in game
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 08:45:47 pm »
You said you downloaded these meshes right? If so I don't see why they would not show up unless their object group was overrided by any other objects. As far as I know, the new objects in the MyTrees, MyRocks, etc. will not show up if the new .fhos are replaced with older .fhos of the same default groups. Therefor you put those new objects from the (MyTrees, MyRocks, MyPlants) into a new custom object group you've made. This could be the same for the trees and bush problem you are having. Make a new custom group for the certain ones you used for the map, and as for the placements in your map, go to your *MapNameHere* folder in your terrains folder and seek out the *MapNameHere*Objects.cfg. You will see a ton of strange numbers but don't be intimidated. Just change the group name of the custom trees you used to the new custom object group you put the trees in and then click save. Then after this try exporting the map.
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢