Author Topic: UGH  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
UGH
« on: July 07, 2016, 05:55:12 pm »
The ENB files are a virus I think it made my game crash removed all my folders What happened? I changed my render system and then everything crashed Why! I want that mod to make stuff more real and lively and then suddenly my Feral heart 1.15 websetup was removed WHAT HAPPENED?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: UGH
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 06:04:52 pm »
Are you sure you downloaded it correctly? I know many people who downloaded and continue to use the ENB mod with no such issues.
How exactly did you download it? Also, a virus wouldn't completely wipe out a game folder, so I wouldn't worry there.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 06:09:04 pm »
Are you sure you downloaded it correctly? I know many people who downloaded and continue to use the ENB mod with no such issues.
How exactly did you download it? Also, a virus wouldn't completely wipe out a game folder, so I wouldn't worry there.
I pasted it in the game folder I changed my render system to Direct3D and restarted later it wiped out everything the game crashed what happened?
It also removed my tearless texture feline and the markings look different
I downloaded it like this
I clicked the link pasted those files in the folder then changed my render system to DIrect3D I restarted the game and thought it would not crash but it did
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:11:23 pm by leahling »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 06:50:15 pm »
The ENB files, at least the ones altered by Red, are definitely not a virus. I've had it for quite some time now and my computer and game are fine. What I would suggest doing is a clean reinstall of FH and then if you still wish to install the ENB, place it back in the FH folder. Sometimes anti virus programs will flag it and not allow you to move it over to the FH folder. However, if you go into your anti virus program when it notifies you that the file may be malicious, you can hit "Allow this instance" and then it will allow you to move it over to the folder once more.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:13:12 pm »
The ENB files, at least the ones altered by Red, are definitely not a virus. I've had it for quite some time now and my computer and game are fine. What I would suggest doing is a clean reinstall of FH and then if you still wish to install the ENB, place it back in the FH folder. Sometimes anti virus programs will flag it and not allow you to move it over to the FH folder. However, if you go into your anti virus program when it notifies you that the file may be malicious, you can hit "Allow this instance" and then it will allow you to move it over to the folder once more.
Nah It goes like this
Analyzing (Dll file)...
(Dll File) is not safe and has been removed.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:26:55 pm »
Sounds like your antivirus isn't liking it. A lot of them will give false positives like that, so you should probably disable it and give that a try?

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 12:14:27 am »
Nah It goes like this
Analyzing (Dll file)...

Do you perhaps by any chance have Norton? I went through the same thing but was successfully able to bypass it. I could post a little screenshot or two on how I did it if you would like?
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 04:29:50 am »
Nah It goes like this
Analyzing (Dll file)...

Do you perhaps by any chance have Norton? I went through the same thing but was successfully able to bypass it. I could post a little screenshot or two on how I did it if you would like?
Ok And also it switched my game folder upside down now the exports folder is at the bottom and the media and my presets and presets

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 01:51:13 pm »
Norton, Windows Defender, and other anti-virus programs automatically assume that programs with no publisher/an unknown publisher that attempt to alter other files are a virus, and will remove that file, as well as all the alteration attempts. Which is actually really dumb. And causes these issues.

For Norton/other anti-virus, disable while you are installing.
If it is Windows Defender that is causing the issue, you will have to tell it to "allow" the "virus." And it will probably scream at you for doing it. It's fine.
WD tried to tell me my own installer that I was currently making was a virus. It's just really not a smart program. A lot of anti-virus isn't.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »
Norton, Windows Defender, and other anti-virus programs automatically assume that programs with no publisher/an unknown publisher that attempt to alter other files are a virus, and will remove that file, as well as all the alteration attempts. Which is actually really dumb. And causes these issues.

For Norton/other anti-virus, disable while you are installing.
If it is Windows Defender that is causing the issue, you will have to tell it to "allow" the "virus." And it will probably scream at you for doing it. It's fine.
WD tried to tell me my own installer that I was currently making was a virus. It's just really not a smart program. A lot of anti-virus isn't.
How do I disable norton?