Author Topic: Map Crashing...  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Outlander369

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • [i]Insert an edgy or inspirational quote here.[/i]
    • View Profile
Map Crashing...
« on: July 12, 2016, 04:50:24 pm »
So, my friend just made a map for a new RP, and every time she tests it without Map Maker, it crashes when she looks towards one part of the map. I tried getting onto the map, but it didn't load at all, crashing in the process. If you can help us that would be really cool, thanks.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Map Crashing...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:55:26 pm »
Make sure your friend is using greyscale mode on the map, and make sure it is on png format and at  513 x 513.

Offline Outlander369

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 05:07:38 pm »
Make sure your friend is using greyscale mode on the map, and make sure it is on png format and at  513 x 513.

But it's not about the Height map or anything. The map is complete.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 05:54:37 pm »
Perhaps that particular corner of the map contains too many items or one item that is just incredibly laggy.

You are amazing <3

Offline Outlander369

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »
Perhaps that particular corner of the map contains too many items or one item that is just incredibly laggy.

Also, when using the old FeralHeart, the map is completely fine and works smoothly. It seems only to be the updated version where it affects anything?

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 08:21:12 pm »

Also, when using the old FeralHeart, the map is completely fine and works smoothly. It seems only to be the updated version where it affects anything?

The default object folders were changed for the new FH, things were added. I'm wondering if your friend used any of the default meshes from "My Plants, My Trees, etc." and for whatever reason it's now crashing the map.

You are amazing <3

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 10:19:46 pm »
I'm not exactly sure how maps work with this new update, but it very well could be the size of the map isn't compatible with the newest update. The maps are significantly smaller now, and they have a new software for the game. It might also be that the items, or some of them, might not be compatible with the update either.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 10:36:14 pm »
I'm not exactly sure how maps work with this new update, but it very well could be the size of the map isn't compatible with the newest update. The maps are significantly smaller now, and they have a new software for the game. It might also be that the items, or some of them, might not be compatible with the update either.

Nothing was changed that would effect how any of the maps run both new or old. I quote:

The object groups for map making has also been cleaned up a bit and boast some new meshes in there, so even if you don't know how to properly add meshes and make object groups yet mapping should be more of a breeze! Also for those who are concerned, your custom maps should still work as is. If you made your custom map with only the default groups and didn't add any special meshes to the default groups like (mytrees, myrocks, because you shouldn't anyway), these maps will work after this update.

All the old things are still as is.

Sounds to me like meshes got lost and that caused something to break in the map. Most likely what happened was that your friend edited and or added stuff to the default object groups when they first made the map instead of keeping things in a custom group like MyObjects. That would explain why it crashes on the newer version of Feral Heart and not the old one. Whenever you are making maps you should never add, remove, or do anything with the default groups or you risk messing up how stuff works between you and others using those maps.

All my own custom maps and friend's custom maps still work so it was most likely an error on your friend's part unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:41:13 pm by SoulScarredStray »

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 10:53:56 pm »

Nothing was changed that would effect how any of the maps run both new or old. I quote:

The object groups for map making has also been cleaned up a bit and boast some new meshes in there, so even if you don't know how to properly add meshes and make object groups yet mapping should be more of a breeze! Also for those who are concerned, your custom maps should still work as is. If you made your custom map with only the default groups and didn't add any special meshes to the default groups like (mytrees, myrocks, because you shouldn't anyway), these maps will work after this update.

All the old things are still as is.

Sounds to me like meshes got lost and that caused something to break in the map. Most likely what happened was that your friend edited and or added stuff to the default object groups when they first made the map instead of keeping things in a custom group like MyObjects. That would explain why it crashes on the newer version of Feral Heart and not the old one. Whenever you are making maps you should never add, remove, or do anything with the default groups or you risk messing up how stuff works between you and others using those maps.

All my own custom maps and friend's custom maps still work so it was most likely an error on your friend's part unfortunately.

Oh okay thank you, I'm sorry I keep getting conflicting things from so many other people about what's going on with the maps. xD

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 10:59:47 pm »

Oh okay thank you, I'm sorry I keep getting conflicting things from so many other people about what's going on with the maps. xD

No worries I see you're just trying to help <3 Aside from what you guys already said I couldn't think of another reason for this.