Author Topic: Leaving.  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
Leaving.
« on: July 14, 2016, 07:49:16 pm »

I came to this game late 2011 when I was going through a dark time in my life. Bullying at school became my main problem and was haunting my mind constantly and I was looking for an escape from the name calling and the tormenting. I found FeralHeart through a WolfQuest video and immediately I was hooked almost instantly. This game taught me that I wasn't alone in life, that people could and did care about me, and that I could make friends that I never thought I'd have. FeralHeart changed my life for the good, introduced me to the person I call best friend 5 years later.  This game brought many people into my life and I wouldn't change that for anything.

But now, after 5 years of being involved with this game I find myself slowly losing interest. I've tried getting myself back into it by getting into role plays but I could never seem to enjoy them. There's nothing 'new' that I can get myself into so that I don't lose interest. Role playing is becoming a bore to me, and I find myself getting into different things outside of FeralHeart. Even after I began realizing this, a few events went down that made me realize just how uncomfortable I was on FeralHeart. Seeing a few different faces on the game makes me far too weary to stay on for long anymore. Hell, not to be over-emotional or anything but I can barely look at the local chat when said certain people are there without almost crying half the time.
I don't want to deal with it anymore.

So I've decided that It's time for me to finally take my leave from FeralHeart.  I don't know if I'll return, and if I do I don't know when I'd do it. Could be a few weeks, few months, maybe even a year. I've just had enough with trying to get myself feeling happy on the game. It's not working.

I'd like to thank the FeralHeart staff for keeping this game up and running for all these hectic years. The game's really come far, yeah? It amazes me to see just how much this update has brought the game back to life. You've all did a wonderful, amazing, fantastic job.

I'd also like to thank the community as well. You guys are what make this game, and I don't think anyone could ask for a better group of people to play on a game. Those helpful people on the forums, you're all amazing, and you're doing a wonderful job.

I think that's all I can really say about my leave, I don't know where to go from here, so I guess I'll end it on this;

Goodbye!

in-game: hooli

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 07:51:33 pm »
Aww it is sad to see you go, but we understand. Good luck and I hope everything goes good for you. <3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:04:28 pm »
Aw Hooli, it's sad to see ya go. I wish I had gotten to know you more, since you seem like such a wonderful person, but your reasons for leaving are understandable. I've felt quite the same with some other games in my past. I wish you lots of luck as to where you go to next, and please do take care<3
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:06:37 pm »
It's sad to see an old floof that has been around for years leave the game for reasons that will perhaps not be explained in any further detail. However, in the very few months I've known you and spoken to you, you've truly come across as a good friend of mine and I hope we can still stay in contact. You're an amazing person and you and I have had some laughs which I'm thankful for, you've made me happy without even knowing you were doing it. I wish you the best, Hooli.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:46:32 pm »
I'm sad to see such a devoted member taking their leave. I know we don't talk much, but I've always had a respect f'er ye. Y'er maturity in the game was a nice breath of fresh air from all the chaoticness from the younger folks. I hope that ye will find more new things to spark up y'er life with joy and happiness, and perhaps we can keep in touch with DA.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 08:52:07 pm »
Safe travels, Hooli. Perhaps we'll see you again one day.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:06:49 pm »
It's very saddening to see you leave. Your reasons are definitely understandable.
I wish you the best of luck for your future. Take care of yourself, Hooli!

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 09:37:28 pm »
Take care, Hooli. I truly wish the best for you wherever it is that you may go, and I hope you are able to carry with you the good memories of this place. I'm certain you know what's best for your happiness, and if taking leave will bring that to you, I fully respect your decision. When I first started venturing around the forum and recognizing people from there to the game, you were one of the first people I felt comfortable enough to sit beside and speak to, and I cannot say that I've regretted it. You've always had such a kind heart and whether you were just spending time helping out people on the forum or sitting with some friends, I really appreciate everything you've done for this place, and you've always been so good to me and the people here. It's a very saddening thing to see you decide to go, but I understand how you feel and wish nothing but the best for you- you really do deserve it. Know that you will always be welcomed back here, and I hope that you will seek whatever it is that you seek. <3

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 10:32:58 pm »
This just breaks my heart. I understand what you have been through, and I respect your wish to leave now. We all get tired and want to try new things. But we will all miss you very much. And if you ever feel the need to return, just know that we will be waiting for ya! Until then, safe travels.

Offline Chknsoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Beyonce's chosen one
    • smol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 02:31:36 am »
i never knew you personally, hooli but i totally understand your reasoning. I found myself in that situation before, losing interest in the game and slowly coming back. I hope someday you may come back and a say a lil hello to everyone in feral heart, you will be missed!
slaying since the 90's