Author Topic: My List Of Ideas  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Ember24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
My List Of Ideas
« on: April 28, 2011, 11:18:28 pm »
I hope these are worth it, I was thinking about them in match class and my teacher's all like "ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?!"
So here they are.

Character Collision
Maybe so characters can touch each other. This might be a problem if someone was in a tree, and someone jumped up and pushed them off. But I think we can live with that. Also useful for a dance totem!
Messages Above Heads
Sort of like in IT when we typed something it would appear above our heads. This could be optional and you could turn it off whenever you wanted. I use this because I don't bother to see who's typing in the chatbox. I just run to a random person and they're like: "Who the hell are you?"
Lip Sync In-Game
Having lip sync in game instead of just for movies. I use this to record awesome videos and such. The movies are good, but its hard when other people are talking. It could have the option to be turned off
Tooth Colour
I dunno about anyone else, but some of my characters have coloured teeth and I'm not very good at making presets, maybe we could have the ability to colour our chops?
Falling To Leaping
I had this idea that if someone jumped off a cliff, they'd had their back pointing to the sky. If someone just randomly fell, they'd be belly-up. This is a more difficult one, and not very good D:
EDIT: Fight Stance
Again, like IT when you pressed "F" there was a fight stance. We won't need to fight, so its not really needed to have fight movements and such, but just the stance is a good idea.
Ability To Run in F3
Sometimes I like to take faraway run scene pictures, and I can only do that in F3, so maybe we can rotate the cam with the arrow keys and be able to run with WASD.
How Many Members?
Maybe a special icon/button that you can click that shows the FH maps and how many members. There can be a thing for "OTHER" which is other custom-maps.
MARKINGS
-Half [Body, Head, Tail]
((No Image))
-Calico [Body, Head]

-Full [Head, Body, Tail]
((No Image))

Thank you for reading, I hope some of these ideas will be noticed!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:58:30 pm by Za Cookeh Monster »
If I had one wish, It would to have courage because I have spent my entire life in the shadows

Hiccupby

Re: My List Of Ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:44:52 pm »
I defineately agree with character collisions and lip-syncing ESPECIALLY character collisions because then we won't have all of these immature/ rude people walking up to you randomly and *ahem* doing naughty things with the butt swing XP. Lip syncing would be amazing but is a luxury that probably won't be implemented untill much later

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 01:41:44 am »
Character Collision:
No. I don't like character collisions. I don't want to explain myself, someone else can. But no. Just... No :P

Messages above heads:
Option to turn off, they lag.
Edit:This has already been suggested.

Lip sync:
Too much laaaaaaag.
Edit:This has already been suggested

Tooth color:
Why would I want my teeth any color but white? Maybe shades of yellow or gray but... there's no reason for purple teeth. But tongue and gum color, ah~! I would love that.

Falling to leaping:
I love this, but I'd think this would be hard to incorporate into the game. If you fell from a tiny rock, how would you flip onto your back? And I thought cats could land on their feet /shot/
Falling would require animation work, and that is difficult :B

Sorry, just my opinion on things.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:50:26 am by Saleana »

Hiccupby

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:40:08 am »
don't apologize opinions are wanted :3, I personally wouldn't like collisions either but I think that they'd be an extra preventional measure against those in the game that wish to be jerks- and something DOES need to be done about that be it collisions or more mods

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:22:46 pm »
Character Collision

I would very much like this. There could be a certain amount that you could go into a character, to get the feeling of fur. So only in the middle of the character should it be solid.

Messages Above Heads

If that was implemented, there would be loads of bubbles popping up everywhere, which would get very laggy and annoying.

Lip Sync In-Game

This would be epic, but it would cause lag and may give the person who is watching you talk a different impression of what tone you are saying something in.

Tooth Colour

Eh, no, not needed.

Falling To Leaping

It would be good if someone fell of a cliff and landed on their side, then they had to pull themselves up before they could move. It would be harder to implement, but more realistic than just sliding off a 20 metre cliff and landing on all fours.

Offline Ember24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:40 pm »
^^
Thanks for your opinions on things, I really like the Character Collision, too. It was my favourite :D
And BTW I added more, just in case anyone was interested.
If I had one wish, It would to have courage because I have spent my entire life in the shadows

Hiccupby

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 11:23:20 pm »
The suggestion that stood out to me was "fight stance" :3 I never played IT but I like that idea, some fight stances/moves should be put into the game in general for us violent rpers ^^

Offline Ember24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 12:32:06 am »
The moves were optional, because unlike IT we have nothing to actually fight. Of course, there are the other players and such, but they don't loose health, etc. But it would be nice for another 'epic battle' or just plain RPing.

Hiccupby

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 04:26:40 am »
Yeah I don't want a health/fight system like in other mmorpgs- just plain fighting moves to be there for us to use would be lovely <3

Offline firetheredwolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 02:32:51 am »
i think that wold be  all right with every thing you said.