Author Topic: Lost Connection? -Lock Please!-  (Read 950 times)

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
Lost Connection? -Lock Please!-
« on: July 28, 2016, 01:54:18 pm »
I have the login page open and it isn't logging me out. I can hop on a character but before the map loads I get a "Lost connection from the server. Retry?" error and I can't put my finger on why. The only reason that comes to mind is because I'm on a public internet until Saturday morning, but it was working find yesterday.

Also (this is more of a question for mods, but if you think you know then by all means please answer) I'm a bit confused on the game's rules...it says no foul language but I still see people saying things such as the 'f' word and others. I'm not exactly comfortable with this but since many people do it, is it against the rules or not? I don't want to report the wrong people or anything, haha.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:59:26 pm by clemson99999 »

signature by g0thic_vibes1

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Lost Connection?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:16:46 pm »
It may just be a hiccup in your internet. Try restarting your router. You could also try changing rendering systems and see if that would help.

As for your second question, any foul language is not tolerated and if you see anyone saying it, it should be reported to a staff immediately.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 02:35:22 pm »
You can try placing yourself closer to your modem. This might give you a stronger signal.

Quote from: Redlinelies
If you're using a laptop you might be using a wireless internet connection. These can sometimes loose their signal to the internet source.

Also,
Quote from: Redlinelies
If you got more than 1 computer or other devices also using the internet, try turning them off if they're not in use. This will give you more bandwidth to spare.

This game is aimed towards a wide user-base of all ages, and therefore you must keep the language and other behavior to an appropriate level that works for everyone. Swearing inside of the public chats is NOT allowed or encouraged by anyone. Even if you censor your writings and they still represent an obvious curse/swear, you might get warned/kicked/banned instantly upon notice. This is because we want to keep FeralHeart a friendly place for the majority. Users are also expected to keep any actions representing any sexual behavior such as mating/raping AWAY from public maps. Ignoring this rule can result in a permanent ban.

Hope this answers your questions. :)

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 06:12:09 pm »
If you see any sort of foul language, report it to myself or another staffer as soon as you can. Make sure the username/s are clearly included as well

Don't worry about reporting the wrong person, either. All reports don't always mean that action will be taken against said user!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 01:59:06 pm »
Thanks everyone! The help was much appreciated.

Haha, yes, I did think so, I just wanted to make sure since (in my opinion) it's quite common despite what the rules say.

signature by g0thic_vibes1