Author Topic: Transparent Preset help  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Bloodhunter1998

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Transparent Preset help
« on: August 02, 2016, 05:02:48 pm »
I finnaly know how to make normal presets but i want to do the next step:Transparent Preset like this http://img15.deviantart.net/c2e7/i/2014/145/b/1/feralheart_bird_texture_by_fanguoftheflowers-d7jqyhy.png

and i have the codes for them but everytime i start the Game i get a white texture on the lets say ear and not the broken effect

so can someone give me a step by step tutorial?

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Transparent Preset help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 06:35:22 pm »
Ah, I can help ye with this, but I'll be using m'phone to type this out, so unfortunately I cannot provide any illustrations. If ye got the correct coding as ye say, then y'er probably just missing something. First, let's start out with a checklist to see how things are fairing as of now and if that's not the issue then I would be happy to set ye on the right track of getting y'er transparent preset to work.

Check 1: Be sure that the file is exported as a .png! Ye may 'ave accidentally exported it as .jpg.

Check 2: Coding! May I see what y'er using as a transparency code? Even the smallest typo can break the code and not allow it to do its job.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Member Of The Season
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 98
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:57:57 pm »
Yeah codes are such a pain.
Tsk tsk!

But yes in order for the transparency to work you need to make which-ever file you are gonna use a png [or what is listed above. I use Png].
And make sure you put all the layers in one whole layer so it's just one layer and make it "Alpha Channel" and erase what you want to be transparent. :)
WORK IN PROGRESS
Artwork (c) LynxBrush & Majorest

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Bloodhunter1998

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 05:20:10 pm »
Yeah codes are such a pain.
Tsk tsk!

But yes in order for the transparency to work you need to make which-ever file you are gonna use a png [or what is listed above. I use Png].
And make sure you put all the layers in one whole layer so it's just one layer and make it "Alpha Channel" and erase what you want to be transparent. :)
i don't know if i used the wrong code but can you send me the code for the transparent preset

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 02:03:07 am »
http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=26062.msg467116#msg467116

I'll have to fix some broken images in a bit, but the text should be enough (hopefully)!