Author Topic: Help with opening FH on Mac  (Read 821 times)

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion
Help with opening FH on Mac
« on: August 17, 2016, 01:38:19 pm »
Alright, so I did everything and on the forum post for PlayOnMac it worked for a couple of hours. I added item packs and more, and that worked fine. BUT, when I tried to add a preset it stopped working. I have deleted everything and re-installed it, and it STILL didn't work. It just kept on crashing. ;-; I feel like an idiot now! I tried deleting everything and then re-installing it but it STILL doesn't work. Bleh. It says "The program FeralHeart.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
GIFSoup

Don't mess with this. -hairflip-

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Help with opening FH on Mac
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 05:10:03 pm »
What's most likely occurring is whatever corrupted file that caused FH to crash in the first place is still somewhere on y'er computer. Be sure to do a sweep of y'er files f'er anything FH related when ye do a clean reinstallment, or sometimes files can sneak back into play even though they're not in the FH folder.

Be sure to check y'er FH files f'er clones! Anything ending in _0, _1, and so on and so forth need to be deleted in order to get FH to run properly. Particle files tend to be most vile in these cases and always seem to multiply.

What preset was this exactly? It may be that Mac can't run with the preset installed or it may be a different file that caused FH to crash.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Help with opening FH on Mac
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:40:12 pm »
Are you placing the files in My_Presets or Presets?
And, did you make it or download it?
Are the files named the same as the folder they are in? (ex. Preset_4head goes into Preset_4, Preset_3head goes into Preset_3....etc...)