Author Topic: OpenGL No Longer Working?  (Read 3153 times)

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
OpenGL No Longer Working?
« on: August 20, 2016, 01:50:32 am »
   So I've randomly run into an issue and was curious as to if anyone else might be experiencing it or if anyone had a better idea as to a fix for the issue. I've been running FeralHeart fairly well for almost a month now, and this afternoon I started up my computer like normal, and tried to start FeralHeart. I always run it on OpenGL because when I run it on the Direct, it lags too much to function. OpenGL has always done great for me, but suddenly today it is no longer functioning. It's popping up the infamous phrase "Feralheart.exe has stopped working..."

With that being said, I HAVE checked my particles folder for any extras and there are none. I have also tried reinstalling the whole game, folders and all, and the OpenGL still no longer works. I've already done a good bit of searching for a fix to my problem, but nothing is helping so far. I already know my computer isn't the best to run anything, but I do KNOW it is capable of running FeralHeart, it has been smooth sailing for a month now like I stated before. My computer is also up to date on any software, etc.

If anyone has an idea to try or knows of a fix to this problem, please let me know! It would be greatly appreciated.
                                                                                                                                                                   Thanks, Kana'ti ~

ArcticGalaxy

Re: OpenGL No Longer Working?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 01:55:00 am »
Hmmm, maybe open up your ogre.cfg file and make sure the first two lines aren't put in wrong? That has happened to me before and it would crash. It should look like this:

Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]

Just throwing this out.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 01:57:52 am »
Arctic made a good point, so best to check that out.

When ye reinstalled FH, did ye check to make sure that there were no remaining files before ye reinstalled? It could be that the files causing Open to no longer work are still there.

Also, check to make sure the actual rendering system file is still in the FH folder! It may 'ave disappeared on ye.
When ye reinstalled, did ye install it from the downloaded setup ye had originally or is this a newly downloaded FHSetup.exe? The possible problem is that y'er setup's OpenGL has been corrupted and no longer works. M'suggestion to ye is to redownload the setup and use that one to reinstall FH.

That's all I can think of as of now. Let me know if any of these solutions work; if not I'll keep brainstorming! Best of luck to ye. ;)

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 02:00:26 am »
Oooh okay, so I opened it up and this is what I can see:

Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
FSAA=0
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
Rendering Device=Monitor-1-Microsoft Basic Render Driver
Resource Creation Policy=Create on all devices
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=1600 x 900 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=800 x 600
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

Above where it says [OpenGL Rendering System], should the "Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem" line be there? I noticed that I don't see that in my ogre file. :o

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 02:03:09 am »
Try copy and pasting my ogre file lines I first posted and paste them in your ogre.cfg and see if that will help.

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 02:05:24 am »
@Rose - I still have both of the Rendering files in my FH folder, but I will give the reinstalling the whole download a go, it could be a corrupted file from the power outage that we had last night. Thanks a bunch for the help y'all. I'll let you know if I can get anything to work. Lol, fingers crossed here.

@Arctic - Thanks much <3 Let me give that a shot really quick as well, then I'll try just wiping everything clean and starting fresh if that doesn't work. Lol.

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 02:18:53 am »
   Well, still no luck here. I tried reinstalling the whole download, and before that I also tried retyping out the Rendering Subsystem in the ogre.cfg file, still not working. Sad day. I can play it on Direct, it at least loads, but the problem is the lag on Direct, making it unable to be enjoyed fully.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 02:20:23 am »
You could always try turning your water reflections off and view distance to 0. That would at least improve the lag issue a bit.

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 02:25:13 am »
Thank y'all bunches for your help though! It was worth a shot at least. I have everything set as low as it will go on Direct, but this lil hunk of junk is a sad excuse for a computer as well, so if I have to deal with lag until GL decides to function again, then I guess that's how we'll run things around this joint. :D Thanks again y'all. If anymore ideas come up, let me know for sure!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 03:48:19 pm »
Hello, Kana'ti! You should check this thread: Making your FH game run more stable/even faster

Hope this tutorial will make your game run more stable with less lag!

Signature art by Kynvuu