Author Topic: Perhaps a hiatus, perhaps not.  (Read 1947 times)

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Perhaps a hiatus, perhaps not.
« on: September 05, 2016, 08:03:58 am »
I've noticed that a large amount of rather well-known members are leaving due to a spike in rudeness from the community, or a rather childish sense of humor.

But that's not why I'm going on hiatus.

I've simply lost interest over the past month, and simply don't have the motivation to get on anymore. Sure, there are a few cool roleplays, but they all get so little attention that they get shut down due to inactivity, leaving my beloved characters with no place to go, being that they have such a specific category to fit into which simply doesn't exist anymore. I could change them, but then that means cutting a piece of their life away that has shaped them into who they are, and then somehow replacing it. For some characters it's just natural to create a new, improved version with a different backstory, but it leads to a slightly different personality.

There are a few roleplays which have found their way into my heart, and I will never forget the friendships I made in them, but I may not return to FH for a while. The roleplay community has just seemed to fall apart recently. There aren't any roleplays that are really new or exciting, just recycled concepts that are boring. Roleplay was the main thing that kept me interested: there were so many, all of which offered something new. But it seems like all the roleplays I've joined have that one person who just ruins it for everyone by starting OOC drama. Heck, in one roleplay group a co-leader blocked one of the members. I was blocked by an entire Clan of cats because I questioned why their leader tore the ear off their deputy. I've had my characters picked apart until I feel like I just don't want to roleplay them because they aren't my original creation anymore, they're someone else's cookie cutter character.

The roleplay community has just seemed to go downhill recently. Perhaps I'm just getting into the wrong roleplays, or perhaps it really is the community. Anyways, I don't know if I will be returning to FH. I have made several friends, and I will never forget them, but the side of the community that I have the most experience with? I have grown to hate it more than I love it. I will still be making little objects here and there, as well as presets, but I just don't think I can get on the game until I feel like the wounds the roleplay community has inflicted on me have healed, which may not be for another few months.

To those I am making maps for: Please PM me to get my Skype if you don't have it already. I'll send you the files when I'm done, though it may be a while.

EDIT: I will come on every now and then, but I can't promise that I'll roleplay.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:44:31 am by narwalpanda54321 »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Perhaps a hiatus, perhaps not.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 08:17:24 am »
I completely see where you are coming from on this. Still sad to see you go though. But hey, maybe if you decide to come back, things will be different again! But until then, good luck out there. Take care of yourself! ^^

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 09:38:30 am »
If you return, sometime, if you want to see a change, you have to be the change, and when others who share your vision see it, they will help you be who you want to be.  Until then take care.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline iCharlez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • direfulfloof
    • channel/UCXYaNpit55vn5woGk18CYGA
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 02:20:37 pm »
Sad to see members leave/hiatus.
So many people are leaving and it makes me feel like FeralHeart is dying.
People are just so negative in-game.

Download to see me in game!

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 02:30:09 pm »
That is completely understandable and I am sorry you feel this way. Take all the breaks you need.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 06:17:12 pm »
I've already posted on DA, but I thought I might as well post here too. Ye will be greatly missed by me, deary, but I understand y'er reasons. I wish ye all the excitement in the world. If ye ever wish to roleplay with one of y'er characters, I'm always free to do some roleplaying. <3

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 09:40:15 pm »
While it's sad to see someone go, if you're unhappy with your experiences in any community and you feel it's best to leave or take a break, I say go for it. I understand your reasons for going.
I hope you do well out there floof  :)
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.