Author Topic: Things you did as a newbie  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Things you did as a newbie
« on: September 17, 2016, 02:33:04 am »
Essentially be gross and mark territory
The same ol' cliff die style I had. Usually slipped or made an imaginary enemy kill me.
Complain about mate center and games
Go into literate RPs and secretly be illiterate
Make presets that had stars all over it in realistic RPs

*Forgive me if I offended someone*

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Things you did as a newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 02:48:04 am »
I just made edgy characters and tried to join literate rps, and would get miffed that they wouldn't let me join. xD

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 01:01:05 pm »
Ahhh I would pretend to know everything and anything about literate RPing when really I had never done it before. Luckily I had joined a RP where they taught you rather than disallowed you from joining. I also remember wondering why so many people at bonfire would say "pickles or pasta" lol. I always made dark/edgy characters that were always some variation of black, red, or gray/white and were possibly insane/demonic. It happens. xD
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 01:06:43 pm »
I used to walk around Fluorite's SB, and if anyone stares at me, I sit and stare at them for a while and kept moving. And since I'm around when most of the world is asleep, usually I sit for hours until someone passes by and interact with me. I didn't have as much confidence as I have now. I do casual talk mostly, I've never RPed in FH at all, even if it's sort of the main premise of the game. I was a regular around a cave den where some pack hung around, they were pretty chill and I used to chat with 'em often.

Oh, and I made my character smaller than average because I thought there weren't many who'd max the proportions, so I was regarded as a pupster. Luckily, Telluris (my first character) Wasn't at all cringe worthy, he may look like chocolate mint, but he ain't too shabby.
Anyways, such a creep, I was.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 04:30:42 pm »
Back then i did horse roleplays and i made random cringe worthy characters. Honestly the only old and cringeworthy character i somewhat like is bunny, she was all the default colors by day and a phantom by night. 

I would come home from school and spend the rest of the day doing a unicorn roleplay. Yup

Sometimes i would sit in lonely cave and ask where everybody was.

I would join in conversations, and nobody would answer me.

And i would scold people for not using the stone bridge.

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • TKC for life!
    • http://kouvinxx.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »
I used to Role play as this black and blue, maneless wolf. I had so many mates too... haha. I also joined a horse role play. I wouldn't say I was cringe worthy or anything. I mostly kept to myself since I was very shy.

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 10:41:44 pm »
Take IC drama personally, OOCly. [Rip I know, the worst kind of person.]
Joined literate roleplays, and felt inferior because I was more semi-lit so I never RPd.
Created ugly characters tbh.
Created multiple edgy "demon/cannibal wolf" OC's that were black with red eyes.
and more. xD

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 12:57:51 am »
When I first joined? I had no idea what to do so I would just sit around in either Bonfire or Ficho reading the chat the whole time. Reading a different language is so hard when you have no idea what any of the words mean! xD
Until that one fateful day I met a group of friends that more or less abducted me and showed me a ton of magical ropes! =3
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 04:35:51 am »
I don't remember much about what I did in my newbie days. I don't think I was a cringy noob, I was more of a quiet person (still am). I joined a horse rp once or twice. Nothing wrong with horse rps, it's just the ones I would join would be super cringy at times xD. Oh Bonfire....

I remember being so confused when PewDiePie was first becoming popular because I didn't know who he was. People would make PewDiePie references (mostly in Bonfire) and I'd just be like "What in the world is a Pewdiepie? Why are they always saying Mr. Chair?" Haha...socially oblivious me. I'm still like that, only older and slightly less oblivious

Loved reading these btw
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline lillyp03

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 03:50:47 pm »
Surprisingly, I've never had a whole 'sneak in and join literate role-plays' type of deal as when I first joined Feral Heart, I made it a goal to go from total illiterate newbie to who I am now because, my dream was to join Benevolent and be all cool. But, before that happened I was one of those people making the smiley characters, all newbie and emo looking but always smiling 24/7. I will admit, my new days were so fun. I'd sit at bonfire for like a hour just waiting to be adopted then go on long adventures and try to cause as much havoc as humanly possible. I remember a time where I made my character get all depressed and run off because her brother who also got adopted called her 'stupid'. In the end, oddly enough, since we both were adopted we became mates. I don't even...
Anywho, back to my rp life then, I actually didn't know what 'literate' meant then and I thought being 'sited' was that you had a camp and territory. Like a site to live on and rp on. So I joined rps that didn't really give that information hence I joined a lot of rps that were like me then, very newbie start up ones. But, I stayed active on every one 'til they died out. Fortunately, one of them didn't and as I got better at rping and got older during this rp, me and all of my buddies who were newbie equivalent with me are all now pretty good role-players. 3 Years strong, RIP Paradise Falls, best rp I could have. </3

So yea. My newbie life, also funfact: I thought rping was stupid before I tried it. I used to fly around bonfire causing havoc just so I didn't have to sit around or try rping. Worst thing because now, I love it. lol [Oddly enough as it sounds, I legitimately thought I could join Benevolent and not know anything about role-playing. My style then was the whole *walks* *runs* *cries* etc. lol]

-Xia 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:52:57 pm by lillyp03 »