Author Topic: How did you come up with your characters personality?  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Burnwolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
How did you come up with your characters personality?
« on: October 24, 2016, 01:56:39 am »
So, I was just wondering how some of my fellow floofs came up with their chara's personalities! I based my characted Ace loosely around Agent Maine (he's a former member of Project Freelancer in RvB), and well Cobalt...he just happened lol.
"Insanity is like a disease......a fatal disease without any known cure." - Cobalt

ArcticGalaxy

Re: How did you come up with your characters personality?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 02:11:08 am »
I literally just rped with Azura and developed hers as I went. Can't really come up with that stuff all at once. xD

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 08:49:16 am »
Shurtle is based off of myself, to represent my hyperactive side. I haven't really developed him since he's an OC and just reflects me as a person (apart from my gender). Foxion isn't based off of anything at all, his personality just varies. The Glass Reaper is inspired by Valentine from The Mortal Instruments.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 05:51:17 am »
Telluris, Leknu, Jorhaal, and Ferro all share a personality that lead up to my own. Since I barely RP, they didn't have much influence from outside my own. They sort of took shape and became interdependent of their roles, but I notice how much they can be compared with the Toa Mata of Bionicle who had roughly the same assortment of personalities set for the individuals in the team.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 03:17:01 pm »
Normally, I pick a very broad category of personalities for my characters, such as nice, mean, bad, good, evil, etc. Then I pick a few descriptive words on how I want them to act in certain situations, such as kind, sarcastic, rude, happy, etc. I use those as guidelines to develop the rest of their personality through role-play.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline xXFamilyXx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 08:51:47 pm »
I created a char named sled, but I usually can just visualize what his personality would be by his look, and such. He looks like a little poopy dog but, he has a fierce personality and gets annoyed easily- though that's just one char ;D my personal fav is the one that is based off of my irl cat, lionsplash

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 04:42:28 am »
Typically I create the design [color, markings, eye color, height/weight] and then I look at my character and think about it. Personally I enjoy roleplaying big hulking characters with soft personalities. The gentle giants. Or smaller characters with sass and pizzazz xD I've got many characters though, with many personalities that don't fit those two categories. 

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs