Author Topic: Game crashing non-stop after map export & map missing A LOT of meshes!? [SOLVED]  (Read 2187 times)

Offline issycat

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Hello. Basically, I exported a map yesterday, and it said it couldn't find a lot of the meshes I used. But, I shrugged it off, and made my map into a download anyways.

THEN, before I went to bed after exporting, I wanted to look at my map as my character and attempted to open the game once more. I crashed. It's STILL crashing. I checked all my files and there's no dupes at all. I even looked inside my FH document out of curiousity and it said THIS

Capabilities:: VertexProgram: YES
Capabilities:: FragmentProgram: YES
Sound:: Initialized: YES
ERROR::SaveFile:loadz: WaterMillGates.cfg failed!
ERROR::MapMaker: unable to load Inky's Tanaan WoW Pack/Tanaan Tree Green
ERROR::MapMaker: unable to load Inky's Tanaan WoW Pack/Tanaan Tree Green
ERROR::MapMaker: unable to load The Feast/Carcass
ERROR::MapMaker: unable to load MyPlants/SmallFern3
ERROR::MapMaker: unable to load Aszuna WoW Pack/Bush
ERROR::MapMaker: unable to load Aszuna WoW Pack/Bush Green
ERROR::ObjectMaker:exportGroup: Cannot find material  for Tetsu Bridges!
ERROR::ObjectMaker:exportGroup: Cannot find material  for Inky's Tanaan WoW Pack!
ERROR::ObjectMaker:exportGroup: Cannot find material  for WombatAnimalPack!
ERROR::ObjectMaker:exportGroup: Cannot find material  for GLSpringFall!
ERROR::ObjectMaker:exportGroup: Cannot find material  for Random -Removed by moderator-!
ERROR::ObjectMaker:exportGroup: Cannot find material  for GLCityStuff!
ERROR::ObjectMaker:exportGroup: Cannot find material  for GLBuildings!
ERROR::ObjectMaker:exportGroup: Cannot find material  for Bloo's Pandaren WoW Pack Pt.2!

How do I fix my game and map!? Please, help me.. I'm on the verge of tears, here. I spent so long on my map and now it's not working!

My friend downloaded the map, and said there was hardly anything in it, even though I know for a fact it was full with meshes and completed when I exported it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:22:59 pm by WholockInCamelot »

issycat_#6125 on Discord
issycat_ on Twitch

Offline issycat

• View Profile
Re: Game crashing non-stop after map export & map missing A LOT of meshes!?!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 04:59:14 pm »
EDIT: I can uninstall and reinstall FH if absolutely needed, and redo my map BUT I really, really don't want to have to do that. D:

issycat_#6125 on Discord
issycat_ on Twitch

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 06:15:57 pm »
So it looks like you've got some stuffed up meshes and missing textures, as well as the gates for Watermill being unable to load.

First of all, I'd find and remove the downloaded objects from your files and see if FH will start up without crashing. Don't worry, this shouldn't mess up your map, the objects will simply be missing. If FH starts again, then slowly add back the objects individually and keep restarting FH until it crashes again. If it crashes after an object is re-added, then you've found your problem mesh, and if that's the case then you'll just have to exclude it from your map.

When you downloaded the meshes you used, did you make sure they were saved AND exported from Object Maker? An object not exported from Object Maker will explain why it's missing from the map in-game but not when in Map Maker.

As for the missing materials, try going through your files and seeing if you can locate them anywhere, they may have been put in the wrong folder or aren't where they're supposed to be, and need to be moved.

And you can save your map's files by going to media>terrains and finding a folder with your map's name on it. This has all the .cfg files for your map (ex objects, gates, terrain textures, etc). There should also be a .map file with your map's name on it (this is the actual map). You can save the folder and .map file elsewhere so that it can all stay intact if you need to uninstall FH, then just add it back in and everything should be where it should. EDIT: I forgot, don't forget to save your heightmap and mask image files as well! Be sure you back those up with the folder and .map file.

The Watermill gates I'm unsure of, I'm going to assume this is because of FH crashing, or the Watermill map itself has become corrupt with this turn of events. Any corrupt file should be fixable with a clean install (most of the time, but sometimes not).

Last thing, make sure you DON'T click your mouse while a map is being exported. This could either cause FH to freeze followed by crashing, corrupt the map files, or prevent FH from opening again. While a map is being exported, make sure to not click anything and just let the process run through.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:21:55 pm by Shazadah »

Offline issycat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 06:34:03 pm »
I put the height map, mask map, the .map files all into my map folder and put that onto my desktop.

SCREENSHOT: http://i.imgur.com/ErOwKrs.png

I'm going to uninstall FeralHeart, and then reinstall it.

Once I do that, I simply put my entire map folder back where I found it? Will I need to export the map again?

issycat_#6125 on Discord
issycat_ on Twitch

Offline Mist358

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 06:39:21 pm »
This happens to me too. Since the update, EVERy map I've made, even the simplest ones, crash the game. Because of this I'm not making maps anymore, though I have some I'd like to export. :/

oh, and forgot to say, I use only default objects and meshes.

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 06:46:28 pm »
I put the height map, mask map, the .map files all into my map folder and put that onto my desktop.

SCREENSHOT: http://i.imgur.com/ErOwKrs.png

I'm going to uninstall FeralHeart, and then reinstall it.

Once I do that, I simply put my entire map folder back where I found it? Will I need to export the map again?
Move it all back to media>terrains after the game's been reinstalled, but if you don't have any of the objects you used in it then exporting it again would be pointless. If you want to switch to default objects without having to remake it, see a video tutorial here. Also, make sure you move the heightmap and mask images ouside of the folder after it's been moved back to terrains.

Offline issycat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 04:21:38 pm »
Okay. I had to uninstall/reinstall twice, but I managed to fix my problem and get my map working.

One of my friend is crashing when they try and enter the map, but I advised them to do the same thing I did and uninstall/reinstall their game as that's the only thing that really worked for me. c:

Thank you, to everyone who posted!

issycat_#6125 on Discord
issycat_ on Twitch

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Glad to see the issue you were having is fixed.

Locking this.
RETIRED.