Author Topic: FH Warrior Cats... is THAT dying?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Kitsunez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • wow i rly like cats uwu
    • lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
FH Warrior Cats... is THAT dying?
« on: October 30, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »
I recently saw the topic of is FH dying, but now I have the question of is the warrior cats community on FH dying?

I've most certainly seen much less of them as the years have gone by, and I've been here since 2012. I used to see several groups in Fluorite Plains, always active, always recruiting, and always around. So many new ones cropping up, others surviving for a very long time with steady activity. There are a few warrior cat rps here that are active, one being my own--partially. If anything I've only seen mine, and maybe two or three others out trying to get members.

I've always loved roleplaying warrior cats. Never have I gotten sick of it or hated it. Truly, there is no other place like Feral Heart for the warrior cats community to be a part of and be so immersed in. I just wish there would be more people around for that again, like it was a few years ago.

Profile picture by kirani100 of FeralHeart
Signature by .Badlands. of FeralHeart

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: FH Warrior Cats... is THAT dying?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 07:22:10 pm »
Sort of, i hear a movie will exist one day in the near future so maybe it'll pick up again just after movie release.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Kitsunez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • wow i rly like cats uwu
    • lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:26:20 pm »
Sort of, i hear a movie will exist one day in the near future so maybe it'll pick up again just after movie release.

That's what I'm hoping. Feral Heart isn't too popular though, so one can only hope people will somehow catch registration and be a part of it.

Profile picture by kirani100 of FeralHeart
Signature by .Badlands. of FeralHeart

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 07:28:10 pm »
It was more of a prevalent thing around mid 2012 - 2013. I recall that there was a clan at nearly every rock cropping around Fluorite. It was sort of a passing trend it seemed as newer roleplay trends took over like the creepy pastas, Fight Dogs, MLP, and FNAF groups. The Warrior Cats groups are also slightly exclusive since most people who join are people who have read the books and understand the lore etc. It's harder for themes that require some knowledge of the background lore to continue sticking around (Hence why Ginga roleplays are so hard to gather yet alone keep going). For this reason it is easy to understand why timeless role play themes like just general wolves or lions etc last longer. Not everyone knows Warrior Cats and some may feel intimidated by joining groups with users who are more knowledgeable on the subject. Many of the Warrior Cat groups were very tight about their "literacy" skills as well and that may have discouraged quite a number of users from joining or remaining in those kinds of groups.

Rumor has it that a Warrior Cats movie is in the makes so perhaps that will bring a surge in popularity again. (As Kuri mentioned)

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »
I don't think it'll ever truly die on FH, at least personally I don't.
I've noticed that EVERYONE wants to make their own WC roleplay, though, and that results in a gazillion "Sparrowstar TCL"'s and no warriors or people willing or wanting to join another roleplay. That'll never end though.
People also go through bouts of Warrior Cats fanaticism and then then no desire to RP it. It comes back.
Any roleplay with active and dedicated staff is bound to thrive for at least a little while, and Warrior Cats [along with Wolf Packs and Lion Prides] have become something so close to the core of what FH is that even if it slows down for awhile I have a hard time believing it'll 100% die for good.
That's my two cents though. c:

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs